39

Jeongin threw the blade into the shower as he let out a frustrated groan and left the bathroom to answer the call after wiping his tears away.

He didn't speak and only heard his husband's cheerful voice "my Innie! I was wondering if you and the kids wanted to go for some ice cream later? I think it'd be an amazing time to spend together!" "Mmm" was all Jeongin said "baby?" "Yeah?" The younger parent managed to say without a shaky voice "Are you okay?" Jeongin cleared his throat before speaking."I'm fine. I was just cleaning something" "ohhh, but baby, do you think the kids want to go? Do you want to go?" Chan asked with a cheerful voice.

"The kids would love to go, I'll go too, don't worry" Chan smiled on the other side of the phone before speaking. "I'll see you guys later, I love you, my beautiful princess" "I love you too, Chan, bye" Jeongin spoke before hanging up and throwing the phone across the room. He let out a sob. He hated hiding his feelings from his husband since he would know about everything the younger thought or felt.

Jeongin fell to his knees as he cried at the corner of the shared bed and covered his face as more sobs escaped his lips. He got up from his knees to go back to the bathroom where the blade was but saw Hanyu standing right in front of him with a concerned expression and card in hand that was used to open the door. The older immediately gasped with wide eyes as he saw his son in front of him and made his way over to him to push him out the room.

Hanyu didn't budge. He stayed there with shock and concern. "Dad...." The younger called out "get out! Get out! Get out! Hanyu, get out!" Jeongin yelled as he continued trying to get his son out the room. Hanyu soon looked over at his dad with concern before speaking, "dad.... I thought you were recover-" "I am! I am! Look! I'm not starving myself! Look! I'm-" "That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about your cuts. You didn't have those just now when you went to go check on me. I thought you recovered from that a long time ago...."

"Get out! You better not tell Chan about this! Stop talking about my body! I dont like it either! Get out!" Hanyu finally budged and ended up on the ground instead of out the door. "Dad, you're not-" "get out!" Jeongin yelled. "Dad..." Hanyu tried calling, not earning a response but instead loud sobs from his dad.

"Dad, what's wrong?" "Hanyu, get out! I've told you already!" Hanyu got up from the ground and went to hug his crying dad, who didn't fight back but cried on his shoulder. Hanyu's heart broke as more sobs escaped his dad's lips. "Dad, it's okay. I won't tell Chan, but I'm sure he's going to see them soon. I hate seeing you like this. I love you, dad. Do you want me to tell you what happened, or do you want me to clean your cuts?"

Jeongin stopped crying and started sniffling with small hiccups. "As long as you don't tell your dad, I'm fine. I'll clean them on my own. You have no reason to be taking care of me when I'm the one who's supposed to be taking care of you. I don't want you to force yourself to tell me how you got a scratch on your cheek if you're uncomfortable, even if I am curious."

"Do you want to tell Chan instead of him seeing and giving you the same reaction I did?" Hanyu gently asked his dad, who pulled away from the hug and wiped his tears away before nodding. "I'll tell him when he comes back from work. I don't want him to worry about me right now while he's busy." Hanyu nodded to the response as he patted his dad's head with a small smile.

"That's fine. Let's go clean your cuts, I'll tell you what happened so I can get this scratch, then we can pick up Xinlong from school, okay?" Jeongin nodded before the two made their way to the bathroom. The younger male took put a medical box and took out the necessary items to clean a cut and started cleaning each one of his dad's cuts with care.

"So, I don't want you to feel like it was your fault that this happened, but I met up with Yuto, and let's just say we got into a fight. He-" "my Yu... I've told you guys not to do that, and you went against me. I didn't want you guys to fight because of me. I told you guys to just talk it out instead. That's-" "Jeongin. I love you, that's the only reason I'm not talking shit out with a fucker that thinks he can get what he wants. He cant go around doing everything he wants. I needed to put him in his place after doing those things to you and Lix."

Hanyu cut his dad off "if I even tried talking it out with him, it would end in the same outcome. There's no point. Anyways. I was punching him and he flipped us over so he was in top of me and my face slid against the concrete. I don't want you to worry about me since I left that fucker almost lifeless. He's lucky I didn't kill him." Hanyu continued explaining as he finished cleaning the last few cuts.

Jeongin looked at his son with fear when he heard that "Yu, please tell me he's okay" the younger looked up at his dad before speaking. "I didn't bother looking if he was okay. I saw him still breathing, so he's okay." "Is that why Yuto said you left him with a broken rib?" Jeongin asked his son who had just finished cleaning the last cut.

"So that bitch ended up in the hospital?" The oldest son chuckled with an eyebrow raise and smirk on his face. "Pathetic, but let's move on" Jeongin nodded in agreement. "I'm driving to go pick Xinlong up" Hanyu told his dad as he put the things back in their place. "Fine with me" Jeongin shrugged as the two left the house to do just that.