a visit from an old friend

What Talin was painting

Talin's POV

"Bye dad." I said "Have fun kiddo. Remember if you go into town get me some pie." Dad said. I ran to my bedroom and grabbed my painting supplies and walked through the doors of the bunker to go for a walk in the forest.

After searching for a place to sit and paint the view. I had been painting for a few hours until I heard a twig snap. I swiftly grabbed my knife and prepared to attack if I had to.

The last thing I would ever think of seeing is Gandalf, looking tired and beaten up but apparently that is what I'm seeing right in front of me.

"Gandalf!! Are you alright?" I say as I drop my knife run up to him. "I'm alright dear Talin but Middle-Earth needs your help" he said as I set him down on the ground to heal him "What do you mean Middle-Earth needs MY help?" " Saruman has turned against the light and the ring has been found."
"And you want my help?" "Yes." "I will talk with dad and see if I can help." "I will head back to Rivendell. Before you meet me there find someone named Frodo Baggins then meet me in Rivendell to help decide the fate of the one ring." We said our goodbyes and he muttered a spell and left

I collected all my painting supplies and ran back to the bunker "DAD!!!" I yelled, he came running in with a gun and a Angel blade "What's going on." Before I could answer uncle Sam ran in with the same weapons "What happened?" He asked "Sorry. I had to yell cause I didn't know where you were." "Why do you need to know where I am kid?" "Gandalf said Middle-Earth is in trouble and needs help. Can I please go and help them?" "No." "What, why not I'm old enough to hunt on my own why can't I do this." "We will have no contact with you there." "But uncle Chuck can reach me there and keep you updated on how I'm doing." "Fine but if you need to come back you get back here safe and sound." Finally uncle Sam spoke up "Let's get you packed up, Lin." I always loved that name. Ever since mom gave me to Dean and Sam and of course Castiel they have been my family.