A Friend In Need

Enfield had finally woken up after another month, her body finally disposing of all the poison in the high grade. When she did, she almost immediately came to you, asking what had happened.

"Starscream didn't talk to you?" she asked. "At all?"

You shook your head, fiddling around with the device in hand. Shockwave had tossed you this strange thing and told you to fix it. He seemed very annoyed at the time so you didn't say anything.

"Nope," you mused. "He busied himself with missions the entire time, still is I believe."

Enfield pouted, swinging her legs back and forth on the chair she was perched on the Medbay. Despite being mostly recovered, Knockout ordered her on constant supervision, you immediately took the opportunity of course.

The gray and yellow Minicon fiddled with her digits. You could sense her nervousness but didn't want to make her uncomfortable.

"What do you think I should say to him?" she suddenly asked.

You paused a moment, your entire frame freezing. You then let a small laugh slip, setting the device aside before turning to Enfield who was confused.

"Last time you and I both checked, my love life is a pile of scrap, why do you think I would know what you should say to Starscream?" you inquired.

Enfield opened her dermas, before closing them again after a few sparkbeat. She seemed stumped, crossing her arms.

"Why don't you just explain it to him?" you suggested, your wings perking up.

Enfield sighed, slipping off the chair and exiting the lab, you followed close behind, making sure to seal the room off behind you. The walk was quiet for a moment until Enfield spoke up again.

"It's just...hard sometimes, because of fear of rejection," she tried to explain.

You knew exactly how that felt, worried that Soundwave was just being friendly to you. Enfield must've been scared of the embarrassment and sorrow she'd feel if he were to tell her that she was just a Minicon, a friend.

"I understand," you answered, gently brushing your wing up against Enfield's, only moving away when the two of you entered the main bridge.

Almost immediately you spotted and identified everyone in the room. Starscream and Lord Megatron stood at the front, talking to each other quietly. Just to the left of them was Soundwave, typing away mindlessly at some blueprints, Shockwave next to him, standing idly.

Knockout was to the right, working on some notes for something, conversing with a small group of Vehicons that stood guard as the Decepticons all worked.

As you and Enfield entered the bridge, Lord Megatron took notice of you two immediately, and smiled.

"Ah, Enfield, Y/n, I see you managed to get out of the Medbay," he teased.

This playful side of Megatron was quite the rare sight, so you decided to relish it, not ruin it.

"Indeed we did, my liege, Enfield is feeling a lot better than she was this morning," you reported, the warlord nodding in approval.

"That is good, but I recommend you stay here with her for a few more Solar cycles," Megatron said.

You nodded, but noticeably winced. Great, more staying in the Nemesis. After your helm injury had healed, you wanted to be outside the Nemesis as much as possible, exploring Earth.

Megatron seemed to notice your disappointment, and walked up to you, causing your head to dip respectfully.

"Not to worry, I can assure you will be fairly busy during these times," Megatron, reassured, before exiting the bridge.