Don't hog her!; The Epilogue Part Two (Alternative Ending)

"No."

Mickey rolled her eyes and glanced at her phone, "Mel, you have to pick something! We've only got four hours to get ready now. Since someone just had to get box braids."

"This dress is highlighter orange and makes my ass look like a damn suv."

"What girl from the south gon' complain bout they ass looking good?" Mickey raised an eyebrow at her sister who glared back. With a joyful laugh Mickey continued, "I'm just sayin'! This is the sixth dress you've tried on."

"So?" Melody closed the curtain and began undressing, "Seventh times the charm or whatever they be sayin'."

With a deep sigh, Mickey grabbed a deep purple, satin, spaghetti-strapped, gown. She handed it through the gab in the curtain; Melody gripped it quickly.

The younger returned to the seating area situated across from the dressing room she and Melody had occupied.

With annoyed sighs and constant fidgeting, Mickey waited for her sister to come out in a dress that she hopefully loved.

Her phone constantly dinged and she responded quickly so as to pass the time. Eventually, Melody walked out and stood in front of the mirror.

"Well?" Mickey raised an eyebrow.

"I don't know..."

The dress was gorgeous and even more so on Melody. But, she hadn't worn something so well fitting in two years. She wasn't sure if she could handle the stares she'd get.

It hugged her in all the right places and with the right shoes, makeup, and jewelry, the look would come together perfectly.

"You don't think it's too much?" She asked as she spun slightly to see the dress from different angles.

"Nah," Mickey admitted as she walked closer to her sister, "I think you look amazing, and to be honest, you deserve to look amazing."

Melody nodded her head, allowing her sister's words to pierce her brain. Mickey was right, for two years she'd let what happened to her affect her.

She got help so that she could be free. So she took a deep breath and nodded her head, "We'll get this one."

Mickey clapped her hands happily, "Yes! Now c'mon, we still have to get accessories."

Melody hurried along and once they were checked out, she and Mickey went on a full trip. They'd gotten their accessories, stopped for food and FaceTimed their parents while they ate.

After lunch, Mickey had gotten them into a spa. They got their nails done and their toes and by the time they finished getting facials, it was time for their makeup appointments.

Melody couldn't figure out why Mickey was spoiling her so much. Sure, she knew her sister was excited to have her back but it was just a banquet and this seemed to be more than Melody was expecting.

After getting their makeup done, they arrived back at home. Mickey drifted into her room and got ready quickly, yelling for Melody to hurry from her bedroom.

They'd returned later than expected and only had twenty minutes to get dressed.

Melody accomplished that, she was a simple girl. Half of her job was already done. She put her hair in a neat, high, bun and slid on her silver bracelets and diamond studded earrings.

She waited by the door, watching as their large, black, suv had driven up.

"You got a car?" Melody shouted, "For a banquet?"

"Don't mind it. Get in!" Mickey rushed her words as she pushed past her sister, hurrying to the vehicle.

Melody laughed and shook her head as she closed the door behind her and followed after Mickey.