eighteen

*flashback

"Matcha can you please get down." Eunjo stated in worry as her cat refuses to get down from the tree. She was freaking out, hell there was no one around in her neighbourhood for her to ask for help.

"Matcha please." She pleaded but all the cat could do was meow in agony.
"Darn that dog for chasing her earlier." She curses before letting out a sigh.

"Eunjo noona?" Someone called out as it startled her. The girl looking behind to see Seunghan standing there as he stares at her in curiosity.
"Seunghan what are you doing in this neighbourhood? Where's your friend Sohee? The both of you are usually seen together." She asks.
Seunghan blew some air in his cheeks.
"Ttori has tuition after school so I went home alone. I decided to walk back home instead of using the bus because the bus stop was full and I didn't want to wait." He explains.

"Why have you been staring at the tree?... I was kind of weirded out because you kept talking to it." He then questions.
"Matcha is stuck up in the tree." She tells him as she points at her cat that was up on the tree.
"Matcha? That's such a weird name to give to a cat." He says as it offended her. Eunjo side eyeing him.
"It's not a weird name ok?" She defended.

"Why is your cat up on that tree?" The boy asks.
"I was getting the mail a few minutes ago and matcha followed me outside. Then one of the neighbours dog was let loose and started chasing her until she was cornered into this tree and she climbed up." Eunjo explains.
"Can't your cat just climb back down?" He says as she shakes her head a no.
"She likes climbing up high spots but never knows how to get back down. If I could climb then I would go and fetch her myself but I'm afraid of heights." Eunjo stated.

"You're scared of heights? Well that's new. What would happen if you hiked up a mountain, would that scare you?" He asks a random question all of a sudden.
"I don't think it'll necessarily affect me when I'm climbing up the mountain, but when it's time to get back down I'd get weak and unable to move." She answers, even she was unsure. She'd never went hiking before, why would she. She hated doing anything related to exercising and nature. She'd rather prefer rotting in her room all day.

"Hmm we should try hiking a mountain one day!" Seunghan suggested as he receives a light push from Eunjo.
"Absolutely not."
Seriously though, he is so unserious.

"I'll try to help get matchi down." Says Seunghan as he looks above at the scared cat.
"It's matcha not matchi." She corrected as he could just grin before starting to climb up the tree.
"Same thing."
"Careful Seunghan. I don't want to see you falling off the tree." She calls out.
"Relax noona, I'm a pro at climbing trees."

"Oh. I forgot to mention that Matcha doesn't really like people besides me and my relatives. She once scratched Ruka on the face because Ruka was being too touchy with her." Eunjo reminds him.
He stops climbing to stare down at her.
"You could've at least told me that first before I started climbing!??" He screeches.

He then reached the branch that Matcha was laying on. The boy slowly getting on it as he started to get closer to the cat.
He took his backpack off and wore it from the front. Opening the bag before steadily crawling over to Matcha.

"Here good kitty... Eunjo noona is worried about you." Seunghan chanted as he tries to motion the cat to get inside his backpack.
Gradually the cat started making its way over to Seunghan. It didn't seem afraid at all as it gladly enters his bag.
"Well that was easy." He says before wearing the bag on his back again and started to make his way back down.