VII.

//

Btw I was listening to Suit & Tie while I wrote this and I feel like it goes with this chapter idk.

A few days after I spotted Mina in the grocery store I called her up on the telephone. I didn't call it a date (even though I wanted it to be) because I didn't want to rush things between us, I wanted to keep a steady pace before I just full on asked her out.

Nevertheless she obliged and I took her out to the bowling alley which she had never been to before. She ended up winning the game, but I didn't mind I was happy she won because she looked so cute when she smiled and cheered.

The day after I asked her if she could attend the drive-in with me, but unfortunately she had to decline because she said she wouldn't be home from work in time.

Earlier today I thought about calling her, but I didn't want to get rejected today. I was nervous she would think I was too eager to see her again.

I was more scared to be rejected by her than I was when I stormed onto Normandy Beach.

Snap out of it Justin, you were a colonel for thirteen years, what are you saying?

I shook my head to clear my thoughts and did the unthinkable, I dialed her number and put the receiver up to my ear, as I chewed on my bottom lip nervously.

The line rang for what seemed like forever up until I heard that soft voice on the other end of the line.

"Hello?"

"Mina, hi it's Justin. . . again." I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"Oh, good afternoon Justin."

"I was just wondering if you wanted to accompany me to this fine Italian restaurant tonight." I looked at the receiver and then down at the mahogany colored wooden floor.

"Hm I don't know? Are you asking me on a date?" I heard her giggle quietly.

"Yes. I mean no, not if you don't want it to be a date. We could go as just-"

"Pick me up at seven loverboy." Her sultry voice chimed into my ear.

"Yes of course. Seven it is." I nodded, even though I couldn't see her.

"See you soon."

And with that we both hung up.

I picked up on the change in her voice when she called me loverboy; since her voice was usually soft and timid. This time it was sultry and smooth like how Philip spoke when he was talking with a girl he liked.

I smiled like an idiot and shook my head.

She was just too cute.

_ _ _

Around five thirty I began to prepare for our date.

First I took a quick shower and washed my hair, next I dried off and listened to some tunes on the radio while I ironed my suit and finally I got dressed and fixed my hair.

Once I was officially ready I checked myself in the mirror closely, making sure I looked perfect.

My hair was slicked back and out of my face, just the way I liked it and I was dressed in black slacks, a black button down, black suede boots and a black jacket that was embroidered with gold dragons.

I knew I took a risk by wearing the jacket (since it was very dressy for my taste), but Mina said she'd be wearing something gold next time we met, so I wanted to impress her, I mean her favorite color was gold.