shaking and collapsing ice

Tori's POV

I ran around the whole school looking for Jade like a madwoman. my heart pounding more and more as I desperately looked for her everywhere: the parking lot, the Asphalt cafe, pretty much every classroom in the whole building, and even the janitors closet, but she was nowhere to be seen. Then it hit me, the girls bathroom. How could I bee so dumb?

I rushed over and stood in front of the door, trying to catch my breath before I slowly peered in. And there she was, leaning against the sink. The Jade West that we all knew wasn't there, it was someone completely different, someone destroyed, hurt and vulnerable. The vision made me want to cry. Her body was trembling so much you could think there was an earthquake going on, and her pitch black hair covered her face. I approached her slowly, trying to figure out what to do.

"Jade?" I said while gently placing my hand on her shoulder which was way colder than I expected it to be. It felt like ice under my palm, shaking and collapsing ice.

Her head slowly lifted up, revealing really red eyes and mascara traces all over her cheeks. Once again, the vision broke my heart. Her eyes met mine, full of sadness, but still so beautiful. They looked like the deepest oceans filled with treasure at the very bottom that only some people could reach. They also had some flecks of green and gold, and even a little turquoise making them look even prettier. No eyes could ever beat hers.

"Oh Jade..." I said with a worried tone, almost crying too, as I lifted her face up a little more with my right hand and rubbing the mascara off with the other. She managed a slight smile, but it quickly went away, her lips shaking as she slightly turned away, looking up at the ceiling and blinking a few times. She leaned over the sink again.

"Shit" she cursed, frustratingly wiping the new tears streaming down her face.

More and more were flowing down and she lowered her face into her hands, sobbing. And I was just there standing there mindlessly like an idiot. She clenched her hair at the top of her head out of anger and sadness and frustration and God knows what else. She started crying even harder, and I was still standing there doing absolutely nothing useful.

I snapped back to reality and without loosing a second I grabbed her in my arms tightly. I thought she was going to back away, to push me off and say 'what the hell Vega?' but she didn't. Jade just buried her face deeper in the side of my neck, holding me so tight I almost couldn't breathe, but it didn't bother me.

"How could he do this to me? He just threw away the past three years! I loved him!" She cried as I slowly stroked her long thick hair.

"Shhhh, it doesn't matter right now okay? I'm here" I said, which somehow comforted her because she seemed to calm down, her breath slowing and heart beat - which I felt agins my chest - gradually stable.

I heard the first bell ring, but I didn't care, I want to be here for Jade, skipping class was no big deal if it was for her, even if it was on the first day.

After standing there together for probably hours - don't get my wrong, I didn't mind it - she drew out of the hug and looked at me straight in the eyes, sending butterflies in my belly (wait butterflies, for Jade? what the heck?). She took my hands in hers and let out a long sigh-ish breath, giving me an actual smile, which lit up a fire in me.

"Thank you for this Tori, seriously. And don't tell this to anyone about what just happened or I'll kill you" she said, as we both laughed at the last part. My heart was doing flips when I heard her use my first name and be so sweet, I like this version of Jade.

"No problem. You can always come to me for anything. Um... I'm guessing that you uh... You don't really wanna be alone right now so do you maybe want to go to my house for a little? " I asked with a nervous smile.

"No need to be nervous Vega, yes I want to go to your house" responded Jade, somehow reading my mind and chuckling.

I smiled wide and gave her a short hug, then grabbed her wrist and dragged her over to her car.

I hope you liked this chapter, I sure do. It's late and I'm pretty tired so I'll update tomorrow, bye!