I have to go and find Jade

Hi, sorry for not writing, and also ik the last chapter was wierd and not well written, it was like 2AM and I was half asleep while writing it. Also I'm so sorry for all the mistakes, I just re-read it and it was so confusing, I edited it so you can go re-read it if you want. Anyways here's the next one.

Tori's POV:

After Jade left, I placed my phone on the counter, as I started to cook lunch. I never really cook for my family, I just wanted to surprise them since my dad was coming from his big mission in about an hour so what better occasion to do it?

I got out the ingredients from the fridge and cabinets, then started to put some water in a pot to boil. While waiting for it to bubble, I started cutting up tomatoes, cucumbers, and other veggies for the salad.

In the middle of chopping, my phone suddenly started ringing, making me throw the tomato strait up in the air and land on the floor, juice splattering everywhere.

"I really am bad at this. " I said to myself before picking up my phone. "Hello?" After a few seconds of no one answering, I ask again "Hellooooo? Anyone there? ". I give up, taking the phone away from my ear, almost ending the call. I stop when I hear a faint mans voice in the background. I instantly realize it's Jade's father because of the way his voice sounded sharp, cold and raspy. And also because he just shouted Jade's full name.

They argue for a little, and the way that the voices are faint and distant make me realize that Jade probably butt-dialed me, making me laugh a little. I snap out of my thoughts when I hear Jade's dad's voice get louder, almost sounding like he's on speaker phone (not even close to Andre's grandma though).

My hand covered my mouth as I gasped in shock when I heard Jade's dad slap her through the phone. I prayed that I just miss heard it and that an object fell over or something, just that Jade's father wasn't doing what I thought he was doing.

"DON'T YOU DARE ANSWER ME! AND NEVER USE THAT ATTITUDE AGAIN, UNDERSTAND?! " I heard, I guess I got my answer. A ton of questions flew over my head about all this, like how long her father has been...hitting her, or if anyone knew, or if that was why she acted horribly in school, and a bunch of other things but I got interrupted from my thoughts as another shout came from my phone.

"Well I kinda got it from you. " Shit, this probably isn't gonna go to well.

"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE RIGHT NOW!" I felt anger bubble up in me for how this man treated such an amazing girl like her. I swear I could just go over there and kill him if it was legal.

"No!" I heard Jade say, my heart clenched and a tear spilling down my cheek when I predicted what was gonna happen. I wished with all my heart that it wasn't gonna happen, but it did. I heard a thud and Jade's breathing quicken right before the line cutting because of the impact to the floor.

I placed my phone on the counter, leaning against it as worry, fear, horror and sadness enveloped me. I brought one of my hands up to my heart, the other still covering my mouth as another few tears spilled down. Only one thought crossed my mind then : I have to go and find Jade.

I hope you liked this short chapter, again I'm sorry for not posting, I've been busy and also whent on vacation to Paris for a week. Please stick with me. Will update today again, I'm gonna be in my car driving home for a few hours so I will definitely have more time to post. Also correct me on any mistakes if I made some. Please comment and vote, see you in an hour <3