chapter 4.

Jungkook's POV

I stepped under the shower, letting the cold water stream down my skin as it washed away the overwhelming tension from earlier. My heartbeat gradually calmed to its regular rhythm.

As I turned off the shower, a blanket of silence enveloped me. I'm not used to being alone like this, but it somehow felt oddly comforting.

It had been a week since I arrived in Seoul. My initial plan was just to stay for a couple of days, a quick visit to Mingyu, my friend who lives in the city.

One night as we were casually hanging out, eating samgyeopsal while drinking beer at a restaurant, a woman passing by caught my eye through the glass window.

A chill ran down my spine as memories of her flashed in my mind.

Perhaps it was just my intoxicated mind playing tricks, but I didn't hesitate to leave. Mingyu called out from behind me, but I brushed it off, saying I needed to go.

I wasn't sure if he heard me, but a rush of emotions overwhelmed me at that time. My thoughts scattered in every direction. I couldn't seem to think straight.

Before I knew it, I found myself trailing after her...

And I've been following her for days now.

I had just stepped out of the shower when my phone rang.

It was Jimin hyung.

I had been ignoring his messages and calls since yesterday. He kept telling me the same thing over and over, despite telling him no. He nags more than my mom.

With a heavy sigh, I slumped onto the bed and reluctantly answered the call.

Jimin: "Yah, Jeon Jungkook! Why aren't you responding to my texts and calls?"

Jungkook: "Hyung, I told you I'm not coming home. Not yet."

Jimin: "Why??? Your mom keeps asking me about you. Yoongi hyung too. We need you here."

I could hear Yoongi hyung's voice in the background. I simply lay there on the bed, closing my eyes as I braced myself for their incoming scolding.

Yoongi: "You've been in Seoul for a week now. What are you even doing there? You know very well that we need you here at the restaurant."

Jungkook: "Hyung..."

I sat up, contemplating whether I should tell him or not.

Yoongi: "What?"

I just didn't want them to think that I'm losing my mind, that's why I kept quiet for days. Even I had a hard time believing it myself.

But now that I know where she is, maybe I should tell them.

Jungkook: "I found her."