chapter 16.

Sana's POV

I'd never heard anyone say those words to me before.

A huge part of me wanted to believe him even if there's a small portion in my mind that says I shouldn't.

When I looked into his eyes, I felt this rippling emotion welling within my chest. It's the same aching feeling that I felt this morning when I woke up.

Can the heart remember things the mind cannot?

"So, go pick your dresses now," he said, pulling me back from my thoughts. "Take as many as you want. No need to worry about anything, okay?"

Surrounded by countless dresses, I stood frozen, unsure of what to do next. Maybe I was just too shy to move. I just couldn't understand why he was doing this for me.

Isn't he being overly generous?

I glanced at him, and he met my eyes, offering a gentle smile of encouragement from his seat.

"Are you searching for something specific, or are you open to any dress for everyday wear?" the woman in the pencil skirt and white shirt asked politely.

"Um, I'm not really sure..." I replied, feeling embarrassed as I scratched the back of my neck.

The woman hummed thoughtfully as she observed me from head to toe, making me feel uneasy under her scrutiny.

"Since it's springtime, how about something floral? Maybe in pink or a bright color?" she suggested before walking away, scanning the row of clothes. She returned with a maxi two-piece dress in a vibrant pink hue adorned with floral patterns.

I tilted my head, examining the dress closely.

It didn't feel quite right. It's too bright, isn't it?

For spring dresses, I think lighter colors would be a better choice to appear fresh.

"I actually prefer dresses with lighter colors," I said politely.

She then selected another dress, this time in white and pale blue, but its design was confusing ― a loose, layered dress with an irregular hem at the bottom. Plus, it was too short for my taste.

"You don't like it? Okay, how about..."

I hadn't even voiced my thoughts yet. Is my facial expression that obvious?

I scanned the area and immediately noticed a striking blue checkered dress with white lace tie straps at the end of the rack near Jungkook's chair. Meanwhile, Jungkook was engrossed in his phone, seated on the chair.

I made my way to the rack and reached for the dress that had captured my attention.

"That looks cute," he remarked, catching me off guard. A blush spread across my cheeks. "Try it on," he suggested.

The lady guided me to the dressing room. After slipping into the dress, I stared at my reflection in the mirror, feeling amazed.

"I wanna see," Jungkook called out, making me jump.

I hesitated, biting my lip, but eventually, I stepped out of the dressing room.

Jungkook gazed at me, his eyes lingering longer than I expected.

It made me feel uneasy. Am I overdoing it? What if I look weird in this outfit?

I shouldn't have agreed to this. These clothes didn't seem right for me.

I was about to turn away when he suddenly said, "you look pretty."

His sincerity in his eyes reassured me, calming my nerves.