➤ chapter 20 : written in the stars

"THAT'S THE FLYING boar from my vision," aang begins as him, katara, sokka and miizumi duck behind a rock and look at the front of the beifong estate covered by two guards

"i know about the bei fong family." miizumi says and they look at her. "apparently before the war started, they used to be good friends with my family." she explains.

"come on!" katara exclaims and they find a wall that is on the outside of the home. aang flies over while sokka helps miizumi up.

the girl grabs katara's hand and the three of them land on the other side. they hide behind a bush and look out for people.

suddenly, a earth mound emerges from beneath them and throws the four of them into the air. they hit the ground and the blind bandit is in front of them.

"what are you doing here, twinkle toes?" she asks as she looks down at aang.

"how'd you know it was me?" aang replies.

"don't answer to twinkle toes. it's not manly." sokka whispers.

"you're the one whose bag matches his belt." katara responds.

"how did you find me?" the blind bandit asks.

"well, a crazy king told me i had to find an earthbender who listens to the earth. and then i had a vision in a magic swamp, and—"

"what aang is trying to say is he's the avatar. and he still has to master earthbending, but if he doesn't do that he won't be able to defeat fire lord ozai." miizumi explains as she walks towards the two.

"not my problem." the girl shoves her hand in miizumi's face. "now get out of here or i'll call the guards." she says as she walks away.

"look, we all have to do our part to win this war and yours is to teach aang earthbending." sokka protests.

"guards! guards, help!"

miizumi sees her friends run away and begins to follow them. they hide on top of a roof and watch the girl play so innocently in front of the guards.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

miizumi puts on her best smile as toph's father looks at her. when he looks away, she glares at sokka who is chewing noisily. she slaps sokka in his side and he pushes her arm away from him as the butler places a cup of hot tea in front of toph.

"blow on it. it's too hot for her." toph's father says.

"allow me." aang grins and sends a small wind tornado to toph's plate, cooling her drink down. he earns small applause from the others.

"avatar aang, it's an honor to have you visit us." toph's mother smiles.

"in your opinion, how much longer do you think the war will last?" toph's father asks.