𝐈 : 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝

Season one, episode one

"𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐬𝐨𝐟𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭"

Lola was running down the street of watery lane as fast as her legs would carry her.

Why was she running?

She was running because she'd just told Kyle, a boy three years older than her that she was able to read his fortune, naturally he became interested but that interest soon turned to fury after the thirteen-year-old told him that he would grow old and die alone as no girls wanted to go near his yellow teeth.

Lola swore she could see smoke coming out of his ears but she couldn't be sure because within seconds the girl had bolted as the sixteen-year-old chased after her, screaming something about gypsy scum.

Eventually, when Lola had reached the door to number six she barreled through it and threw her body against it in an attempt to catch her breath.

Lola was finally calming down after the rush of adrenaline coursing through her veins and was about to make her way up the stairs to her bedroom when she heard the shrill yell of her aunt Pol from the kitchen.

She made her way into the kitchen and took a seat at the table before gulping down the glass of water that her aunt previously placed in front of her.

"What have I told you about slamming the door? Ada is sleeping upstairs and you've probably woken her up" her aunt grumbled.

"Ada is always asleep besides it's nearly eleven o'clock she ought to get up anyway the lazy git" Lola responded snarkily.

The smirk was soon gone off the girl's face when her aunt clipped her around the ear.

"Ow Pol! I'm just telling the truth"

"Truth or not she's your sister and you're being cruel" her aunt reprimanded.

"Compared to you and everyone else in this family I'm an angel actually" Lola teased.

"Go upstairs Lola" her aunt sighed.

"Sir yes Sir" the girl saluted to her aunt before making her way upstairs.

It was later in the day now and Finn and Lola were at the kitchen table and sat in silence.