𝐕 : 𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐦

𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

"𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬
𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭"

To say things had been tense in the Shelby household would be an understatement.

Ada had gone into hiding and nobody was speaking to Tommy. He'd professed his innocence to Polly but she wouldn't hear it.

Lola didn't know what to believe but she figured it was safer to just go with what her aunt said, so she too, was giving Tommy the silent treatment.

Her aunt Polly had been riled up ever since that night and for Finn and Lola, it was like stepping on eggshells. If either of the pair said one wrong thing it would end up in a screaming match.

The only person Lola had really spoken to since the incident, without it ending in an argument, was Jack and Finn.

Lola didn't want to be stuck in the house with an angry Polly and an equally angry Tommy so she decided to go to school as anything was better than being trapped in a house full of anger and hatred.

Lola was now on her way to Jack's house so they could walk together. She kicked the rocks on the floor, paying attention to only her feet as she walked towards the door of her best friend's house.

When she did get there, Jack was already standing outside waiting for her with a large grin on his face.

He raised his eyebrows in surprise and slapped the girl's back softly. "Christ, I didn't think you'd actually show up! What's the occasion?" he joked

Lola rarely ever showed up to school, she would be teased by some of the older boys and feared by everyone else, so she barely ever went, seeing no point if it just upset herself, so for Jack, to see her actually show up was a shock.

"Well, honestly I'd do anything to get out of that house" Lola chuckled, looking down at her shoes once again.

"I take it Polly is still going mad about Tommy then" Jack asked, putting his arm around the girl.

Lola only hummed in response before sighing deeply.

Truthfully, Lola often found herself thinking about life before the war, at times it overtook her other thoughts and Lola didn't know if she found it comforting or not.

She was only young, but that's what she so deeply yearned for, the innocence and the naivety.

Lola knew she would never live in a world of peace like she once did. Her family contracted chaos and danger wherever they went and Lola doubted that she'd be able to escape the future that was already set out for her.