An Unexpected Stay

"I'm sorry, what? Let's... run through this again" Audrey says exasperated as she sits on the bed, Billie sitting beside her, with me on the arm chair facing them. "Fiona is a good friend of Natalia and I" Billie repeats slowly, "but she died a few years ago" I add and this is always the part where I can practically see Audrey's head spin. "And now she's... back from the dead? Like a zombie" the actress states incredulously.

"Not exactly, no. I'm not sure the specific means of which she was brought back with but it's magic" I answer calmly, "alright. So let's see if I've got this right" Audrey states before standing and pacing around the room. "This... Fiona, is an old friend of yours that died—is suddenly back to life with the use of magic and also just so happens to be her mother?" she recites and I momentarily close my eyes.

"Baby, supernatural things occur every day and I know you don't see it so it's hard to accept but... she's a friend. It's kind of hard to just let her be homeless when we have plenty of room" Billie points out, "I said nothing about her not being able to stay here. I'm just trying to wrap my head around the circus that's becoming our life!" she exclaims softly. I stay silent as they banter, gauging their body language.

"I'm perfectly fine with her living with us, I'm just concerned. How do we know she's not gonna like... rage out or something. Have either of you ever encountered an undead person? Because the shows and movies I've seen don't exactly fill my head with good thoughts for this situation" she reasons. "I completely understand that and I've had time to think about it while you've been talking" I finally speak up and they both turn to me.

"I think overall it would be in everyone's best interest if I just got a hotel or something while Fiona recovers. I can't in good moral standing allow her to be alone but I also realize it'd be difficult adding another person to a household of four" I state confidently, "ok now that is absurd. There's no way we're kicking you out o-or letting you leave. We'll just have to adjust, it's fine" Audrey decides before saying she has to use the bathroom.

I had worked up the courage to say it and now I don't really know what to do. I had already mentally prepared everything in my mind, where we would stay, how I would take care of Sarah and coordinate with them to drop her off. "Bunny?" I look up to see Billie in front of me, gesturing for me to get up. Once I do, she sits and pulls me into her lap. "What's going on in that pretty head?" she asks softly as she strokes my hair.

"I'm just thinking about how all of this is gonna work" I admit, "with Fiona? You know how she is, she'll barely want your help" the blonde chuckles deeply but I can't help but worry. "It's not that I'm worried about..." I mumble, "what is it then? Cordelia?" she asks and I nod hesitantly. "What if someone tells her and she comes looking for her? What happens when Fiona is better and wants to go back?" I ask, allowing some of my thoughts to pass through my lips.

"Baby, you don't have to worry about that. For one—if Fiona is fully healed and wants to return, she can teleport. I highly doubt Cordelia will find out and if she does, we'll handle her together" she states reassuringly. "And if you're not here... then what?" I continue, "you told Fiona what happened. She will deal with her daughter, she won't make you fight her battles" Billie assures me and I know she's right.

I just get a really bad feeling about this now that I'm thinking about it. Of course I'm not going to let the former supreme sleep on the streets due to me being hesitant but it is something I need to keep in mind. My gut feelings are never wrong, despite what anyone may say or believe. "I'm hungry" Audrey says as she exits the bathroom which makes both Billie and I laugh.

"I'm serious, I-" the baby monitor starts to go off and I begin to rise when Audrey says she'll get her with a smile. "I'm coming, sweet girl" she chirps happily as she hurries down the hall and I smile warmly at her cheerfulness. "I assume she wants Thai" Billie says, "mmm I don't think so. She's been craving enchiladas" I tell the medium. "Of all things... enchiladas?" she chuckles, "hey! They're freaking delicious" I nudge her softly and she puts her hands up in surrender.

"I'm not insinuating they aren't! I'm just saying that out of all her cravings, it's the most peculiar for her" she argues, "I suppose that's fair but it seems pregnancy has made her taste even better than before" I say—afterwards realizing the double entendre. "And you would know wouldn't you?" Billie smirks, "so would you, Miss, so don't come at me" I narrow my eyes and she leans in to kiss me softly.

"Wow. That is definitely going to take some getting used to" I hear and pull away from Billie to turn my head quickly, which is when I see Fiona standing in the doorway of our bedroom. "Ever heard of knocking?" I tease, "the door was open" she states plainly and I simply roll my eyes. "Is there something you needed, Melanie?" Billie smirks, knowing the woman despises her middle name; always saying it was too 'soft' for her.

"I don't know where the towels are and I smell like shit" she complains, "yeah, you really do" I pinch my nostrils and she smiles unamused. "Did you try checking the pantry that's directly across from the bathroom, perhaps?" Billie prompts funnily, "it's your house, aren't I guest? Perhaps you should've informed me on where they were" she quips before we all chuckle.

That's one thing I've never been able to truly wrap my head around. Fiona may be a bitch at times but she's a good friend and I don't understand how she could do the things Cordelia said. Don't misinterpret what I'm saying, I believe the younger blonde wholeheartedly, it's just really fucked up. I suppose you never really know your parents though, there's a certain side of them that you get and it can be completely night and day with their friends.

Fiona leaves at the same time that Audrey walks back in with a giggling Sarah in her arms and they smile politely at each other. "I know, what a wacko" Audrey says, "Audrey. Do not tell our daughter that her godmother is a 'wacko' please" Billie sighs. "When did we decide she's the godmother?" Audrey asks seriously, "I'd also like to know" I add.

"It was a joke?" Billie chuckles, "mm very funny, Howard" Audrey deadpans. "Anywho... Mexican food, yes?" I ask for clarification, "oooohhh yes, please. The tortilla things" Audrey says immediately. "Ok first of all, that could literally be anything. Secondly, we've talked about this babe. Say it with me... enchiladas" I state slowly and the actress rolls her eyes. I narrow my eyes and she sighs, "en...chi...ladas" we say together and I clap for the baby.

"See? We all have things to learn, little one. Your mama too" I giggle and she nudges me playfully as she hides her smile. "I'll go get the food" I offer, "I'll make Fiona soup so don't worry about that" Billie says as she gets up. "You know she wont like that" I chuckle, "well I don't give a rats ass, it's what she needs and she's gonna eat it" Billie states firmly but with a smirk on her face.

I roll my tongue and plant a sweet kiss on her lips "yes ma'am" I bite my lip and she shakes her head amused by my antics. I grab the keys and head out to the little shop nearby, music blaring through the speakers. Even with the volume, my thoughts don't seem to stop. Billie did quell my fears a bit but I know this will be more complicated than she thinks; a part of me still prays she's right, though.