Ch. 3: Talking (Pt. 1)

Summary: Steve and Billy babysit the middle schoolers, that doesn't go well. Steve is knocked unconscious and Billy is stuff into the truck of his own car.

Chapter contains: Swearing, violence, Demodogs, sweet moments and two idiots in love with each other, but are too afraid to admit anything to themselves.

Words: 5324

--------------------

"They didn't believe you, did they?" Dustin asks.

Hopper turns around to face the young boy. "We'll see-"

"'We'll see'. Really? We can't just sit here while those things are loose!" Mike shouts.

"We stay here and wait for help," Hopper firmly states. He takes off to find Joyce. He gently knocks on the door.

No answer.

He enters the room and finds her sitting on her bed with a blanket wrapped around her. He slowly pads over to her and sits on the ground adjacent to her. They sit in silence. They need each other's company right now....

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Silence

The entire house stays silent while everyone feels the aftermath of their adrenaline wearing off. "We can't let his fight be in vein," Mike reminds, thinking about Will. He's resting on one of the couches in the living room.

"Mike, we can't stop those Demodogs on our own," Dustin brings up. At this point, Steve and Billy walk into the kitchen and just listen to the younger kids speak. The teens look really tired, especially Billy, who looks like he's ready to fall over at any second. He could've stayed on the couch, but he wanted to see where Max was. He looks like he's held together by tape and sticks by this point. Max takes note that Billy looks utterly horrible. She kinda feels guilty about running off with Lucas from home now, but not too guilty. He is an asshole after all. However, she can't shake that feeling.

"Demodogs?" Max questions.

"Demogorgon, dogs... Demodogs." Dustin makes a hand gesture, clasping his fingers together. "It's a play on word-"

"Okay. I get it," Max interrupts him in shock and confusion.

"There's an army of them now," Lucas brings up.

"His army," Mike mutters.

Billy's eyes go wide at the statement. 'What does he mean? Who's army? Who's he?' The blonde thinks. He kinda forgot what happened a bit earlier in the night. He was too confused and angry to really take in all the information. Maybe he's just too tired... Probably that.

"What do you mean?" Steve asks.

"His army," Mike repeats. Max makes a face. "Are you having a stroke?"

Mike looks baffled. "No," he scoffs. "Maybe if we can stop him, we can stop his army too. Dart, I mean." Mike looks at everyone. Everyone looks at each other. The younger kids run around trying to make a plan. Once they've gone, Steve turns around to see the blonde with his head down slightly as he leans against a wall for support.

"You okay, Hargrove? Maybe you should sit down. You're-" the brunette asks but cuts himself off when he sees Billy's look. He isn't sure at all how to help someone after they've fainted or had a seizure. It's been an hour or so since then. He just isn't sure what to do.