Ch. 7: The Accident (Pt. 1)

BEFORE YOU READ

Summary: ⚠️ This chapter is featuring how bad Neil can get towards Billy, (I'm sorry Billy) and also the blonde's mental state during all of this.

This is a warning for this chapter. It's party heavy angst and hurt. This was difficult to write due to all the crying I was doing-Anyway, read on. ⚠️

This chapter contains: non-con, Neil being Neil, abuse, scared Billy, lots of angst, caring Steve and Robin, kidnapping and vomiting.

Words: 6621

--------------------

Neil comes to pick Billy and Max up at the hospital after their defeat of the Mind Flayer. Neil is utterly pissed about being woken up in the middle of the night for something like this. Susan would've come to get them, but she's out of town with her sister for the week. Neil has been extra snappy at the blonde since her departure. Billy's injuries were too severe to treat in the back of an ambulance, so they rushed them to the nearest hospital as soon as possible. Max wanted to go with him. They let her. The blonde is numb to the pain he would be feeling all over his body if it wasn't for the drugs. After all, he was given some pretty heavy painkillers at the hospital for the pain he's in. They're making him a bit sleepy, but since he's around a pissed off Neil. He finds himself on guard more than he should in his current situation.

When Max found out about his injuries, she was shocked he was still alive. He has a bit of metal in his right leg now. It took hours to actually convince him to do and finish the surgery. He snapped a bone in his upper leg, had many stitches covering his body, a severe concussion, medication for the pain, and bandages covering his body. He looks and feels horrible. Neil didn't want to pay for a night in the hospital, so he reluctantly got out of bed to pick them up there. The two sit in the backseat of his pickup in silence while Neil drives them home. Thick and tense tension fills the truck as they pass houses and dark corn fields. Max grips Billy's hand because she notices that he's beginning to shake again. His hands betray his face a lot. He tightens his hand a little around hers to let her know that he's there with her. Too much happened tonight....

He's shaking because he's scared of what Neil is capable of right now.

He's also terrified of what's to come next. His dad doesn't seem to be mad that he had been woken up from sleeping to come pick both of them up. No, he seems downright pissed beyond hell. Even Max can tell he's really upset. The beast of a man is death gripping the steering wheel as bulging veins threaten to burst from his neck and forehead. Max feels small in the back of the truck with Billy. Will he hurt her, too? Her mom isn't here.

Once home, they all get out. Neil is the first to exit the truck, Max is second, and Billy is last. He's too scared to really even move. Besides, he's injured pretty badly. He also has a crunch to help him walk. He may be on drugs right now, but he can still feel his leg throbbing a little bit. The two teens slowly walk away from the truck when Neil slams his door shut. Max flinches. Billy looks on a bit numb... The blonde limps slowly while Max helps him walk the best she can. She's just holding his other hand while they walk. He half smiles, seeing her effort. Billy feels utter dread when he steps onto the concrete path. When he gets to the front door, it's open, and his dad is waiting for him. Neil pushes the ginger away, and she lands on the ground hard, slightly knocking the wind out of her. Neil yanks on Billy's collar. He winds up and smacks the blonde so hard that the boy falls to the ground in front of the door.