Chapter 1

(Y/n)'s POV

I've always pushed people away friends and family, at least that's what my mom and brother say. I remember bits and clips onto why this reason is, my number one thought is bullying. Being pushed down a rabbit hole, of despair and depression.

I was always the target for it, I always came back from recess with blood all over my clothes and face, but my face wasn't just covered with blood underneath it were bruises waiting to spruce out its ugly face.

I've always hated eating, as I've had little pebbles from the playground bed shoved up my nose some stayed some fell into my throat.

One time there was a broken glass bottle at the school playground, I had that stabbed in my upper right leg. It wasn't deep but it hurt like burning fire, as it was a hot spring day...

Being a kid with what was happening you think the teachers would do something, nope they walked right by it or ignore the calls for help.

It didn't make it any better when I was switched from a kindergarten/grade 1 class to just a kindergarten class in mid school year, then turns out my kindergarten teacher hated me put me in timeout everyday most of the time for no reason! Just for the fucking hell of it, so I started fighting back.

I left school without telling anyone but my so called friends, I scared the shit out of every teacher in that school well not really.

So growing up with this going on wasn't easy my mother cursed hell on every adult in that building and my brother threatened them, they didn't listen until the 100th time I screamed so loud it was like I was being raped to death.

Then my mom was finally informed of the bullying, she was pissed she threatened to sue the school and shut it down.

It almost happened, turns out there have been complaints and even some suicides that happened because of that school. Especially for children of a young age, growing up yeah that school was fucked up.

But I stayed there until all my friends I've made turned against me. A girl named Abigail got me grounded for a whole week, we asked my mom for more water in the pool. She said no you can wait for Travis to get home, which I wanted to wait Abigail didn't. So she made a plan, of course I was against so she went Karen mode.

She started poking me trying to get me to do which I finally agreed, we went down stairs to the basement with two juice jugs. One for her and me, we started to fill them.

Once we did, she gave me this sinister smirk. She smacked the jug and it tipped I tried to catch it but it spilt all over me, I was just thankful it wasn't juice and just water. Then she dumped the other one on the floor, and ran upstairs so I chased her up the stairs.

To only find out she was telling my own mother a complete lie! Worst part my mom didn't even hear my side of the story, she just picked me up and threw me on the couch and told me to stay there.

Until my brother came home which wasn't for awhile maybe half an hour I actually can't remember, but I watched as Abigail's father came to pick up his little spoiled ugly ass rat.

But of course I was quote on quote glued to the couch, as Abigail made my mom furious and of course the evidence was downstairs that wasn't mine to begin with.

This is when I started hating everyone and everything, the only person I didn't hate was my brother and our family friend Byron.

I began to have this hatred for my own mother, as I got older it was nothing but fights. We always tried to start up each other, but with my brother being that wall he always took me away from the situation and talked to me. Either driving around or driving in parking lots, trying to cheer me up.

Me and my mom even had a fight about me wanting to end it all, and I was expected to apologize for it. How can I apologize for how mentally unstable I was? So I started pushing everybody away, including my own brother who I love very dearly.

But I felt as if it was too toxic, even my friends were toxic I couldn't get away from anything. So when things got to bad, I went to spend a month tops at Byron's house. As he actually heard me out for being a person, and not for anything else.

He knew I felt unheard, he tried to talk to my mom about it but I've told him even my brother does it she doesn't.

She's unstable and always drunk at night, I always and I mean always tried to avoid her. But once I slipped up once, it was hell from then on there. Especially when my brother went to work up in Fort McMurray for extra money for me and mom. We were left alone, always fighting...

Another thing that makes everything all the more to hate, is that they forced me well more my brother forced me to get babysat by his stupid little friend Kendra. I hated her since the day I met which was two, then she had offspring things.

I didn't care I would've thrown them in the dumpster and forgot about them, and they were obsessed with me like ya know the song please notice me senpai.

I felt so uncomfortable, and they would wait for me on the step at our side door. I always left them outside, even my mom was afraid of me so was my brother. But it's like I couldn't avoid them all the time, because they were are neighbours.

Plus Kendra was brothers friend before it was my moms friend, so they would be invited into my safe zone turning it into a Satan spawn of hell.

I would run up my stairs and barricade my door with my tiny body as it started off with one when I was five, then it was two when I was eight. Then three when I was eleven.

I remember this all too well, they would all get on their backs like turtles and start kicking my door trying to break it down.

Nobody would even tell them to stop, one time I had to pick up Keeva the middle child and scream in her face and throw her on the couch once I got down the stairs.

They made me so made, and nobody bothered to listen because I was jealous. Not even my own mother or brother would, I would be put through hell every time someone younger than me was put in their sight.

I hated it, they would be able to play and break MY TOYS all my things would end up missing and I would find them broken.

I distanced myself so hard that it got to the point, where if someone asked me to go somewhere or be ready to go somewhere the answer was no. Then they stopped asking, and I felt left out.

But I never ever got help with anything, and I was never respected so I didn't care. I never needed nobody, and I wanted to keep it that way when I was transferred to a new school.