Chapter 07 (Wedding)

Scene starts with Poonam clad in a dark red lehanga and her neck was adorned with a heavy gold choker and same designed earrings were bouncing in ears with each steps she takes towards mandap.

Wedding venue was screaming nothing but MONEY. Mishara family wanted their younger son to have a grand wedding so her papa arranged a royal wedding.Manohar had to sell his 2 lands to arrange money for dowry and wedding.

Her maa and badi maa was guiding her towards the mandap and after reaching there, Poonam sat on her place, her eyes were down. Kaushal clad in a cream kurta and yellow dhoti. His left hand was adorned with a gold plated titan watch and his other hand was adorned with holy threads(kalawa).

Kaushal's gaze was stuck on her from the moment she arrives there. As she settled herself beside him, he couldn't help himself and inhaled her sandalwood Fragrance. He stared at her for a good minute and again turned his head towards the holy fire.

Poonam was getting nervous by each passing seconds, she was scared for the upcoming rituals but she shrugged off those thoughts and concentrated on her wedding.

Purohit chanted mantras and whole atmosphere turned spiritual and divine. Then purohit asked bride's parents to come and do her kanyadan (in hindu wedding, parents give their daughter's responsibility to the groom by this ritual). Santi and Manohar went towards groom-bride and did the ritual and Santi tied Poonam's chunari (Lehanga's dupatta) with a pink cotton cloth and placed the cloth on the right shoulder of Kaushal.

Then purohit asked both of them to stand up and take 7 phera(rounds) around the holy fire. In this ritual, groom and bride takes 7 rounds around the holy fire while giving each other 7 promises in this marriage and this ritual also states that with this 7 rounds around holy fire will make couples together for 7 lives.

Poonam and Kaushal started taking rounds of holy fire with cloth tied between them. After 4 phera(rounds), purohit said them to exchange their place and now Poonam was standing ahead of Kaushal.

After completing the pheras, Poonam and Kaushal again settled themselves on their seats and then purohit told him to fill vermillion in her hairline and tie nuptial chain in her neck. Poonam closed her eyes, when Purohit announced.

"Vivaah sampan hua, aj se aap dono pati-patni hai aur ab ap dono bado ka ashirwaad le lijiye"
(Wedding is done now, you both are husband and wife from today and now go and seek blessings from your elders)

Finally, she is married to him, the guy who scares her to the hell but now she doesn't have any option but to accept him as her life partner.

They both went to their elders and take their blessing by touching their feets. Everyone blessed the couple with joy and smile. Santi Devi, Manohar, suraj and her siblings eyes were moist even her sister was already crying. Rita, Poonam's sister who was enjoying her sister's wedding till now got shocked when she gets to know that her didi will leave their house today.

Sarwan, Rita's twin brother, was also weeping for her didi. Poonam hugged her baby siblings with tears and told them to take care of their health and their parents health.

After crying for so long, they finally decided to let her go to her new house. With heavy heart, Manohar made his daughter sit in car beside Kaushal. And told him to take care of his daughter, making kaushal nod his head.

And now her journey begins towards a new destination .

.............To be continued
Bye till tomorrow
.
Follow me on Instagram for spoilers and update details. I'D:- talesofbani

 I'D:- talesofbani

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
Gajra:- A Love Taleजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें