11 [RAHI]

Ever felt dazzled because of a person? Saturation of colours in the background scenery, blinding brightness causing a mind fog?

You see the person walking closer and closer, slowly, step by step and you keep on staring without blinking.

One blink and you will miss the moment.

That is love.

Quite interestingly, that is fear too.

A bird in front of a snake stands transfixed as if it has seen something worthy of gazing for eternity.

Well, snakes are beautiful.

Lies need to be mesmerizing, otherwise, how will they attract the attention from the truth?

The man standing before me was the most beautiful lie I have ever seen.

He is bright and attractive with a smile to fall for and a behaviour that tells of his kind nature.

But he is cruel.

He watches his victims suffer with a smile.

It gives him satisfaction—an unknown relief from the suffocating rope of loneliness he had hanged himself in.

He is dead inside and a mindless, heartless machine.

But he is good to look at.

He did not recognize me at first but when he did, his eyes widened and he stood still for a moment and then turned away with a grim face.

It felt like a slap.

I know it has been more than ten years since we last saw each other in school, but ignoring right off the bat...was rude.

The bus arrived and I slowly moved along with the crowd feeling a bit wounded.

On the bus, I lost the chance to grab a seat.

Guess, it wasn't my day.

To make things worse, he came and stood beside me.

Pretty intriguing and annoying!

For what was he standing there showcasing his grim face?

Is he trying to impart some message?

Am I supposed to slap him back or is he pouting because I did not show any signs of recognition?

Men!

As the bus stopped at a traffic signal, I inched away from him.

He followed suit.

"Excuse me!" I asked politely, "Is something bothering you?"

He looked at me feigning innocence, "No, why?"

I nodded and moved to the far end of the bus.

A few minutes later, he came and pretty casually stood beside me again.

I pretended not to see him and kept on scrolling on my phone.

He cleared his throat and tapping on my shoulder, asked hesitatingly, "You did not recognize me?"

Payback time for the unwanted slap.

I shook my head blankly.

He froze in shock.

Seeing the other passengers judging his suspicious behaviour, he held himself back.

If I told him that I remembered him clearly, he would be over the moon. His inflated ego will swell even more.

My stop came and I got down after paying the fare.

"You forgot me?"

I jumped up at the voice and turned around to see him towering over me.