2

As the award session concluded, the vibrant energy of the after-party filled the room, setting the stage for a night of celebration and revelry. Amidst the throng of guests and well-wishers, Sarah made her grand entrance, her presence commanding attention as she gracefully navigated the crowd.

Spotting her friends Brianna and Jayzon across the room, Sarah's face lit up with a radiant smile as she made her way towards them. With a warm embrace, she greeted them, her genuine affection evident in the way she held them close.

"Hi guys," Sarah exclaimed, her voice bubbling with excitement.

Jayzon returned her greeting with a casual yet sincere, "Hi, how are you?"

Brianna, ever the effervescent spirit, chimed in with her trademark enthusiasm, "Hi, my beauty queen! Oh, wait, my fashion queen! Congratulations 🎊"

Sarah laughed, shaking her head at Brianna's playful antics. "Brianna, stop it! You're the real queen here. Without you, I am nothing. Thank you for always being by my side. If it weren't for you and Jayzon giving me confidence years ago, I would have remained a dependent woman, grappling with patriarchal behavior. But because of you two, I stand here today. This award belongs to us, not just me. We are the leading team of Imperfectly Perfects."

Each of them exuded their own unique charm and personality in their interactions, showcasing the strong bond and mutual admiration they shared. Amidst the glitz and glamour of the fashion world, their friendship remained an anchor, grounding them in a sea of swirling ambition and competition.
As Brianna teased Sarah about her heartfelt speech, Jayzon playfully interjected, calling her a drama queen. Brianna responded with a playful smile, acknowledging Sarah's emotional moment.

"Oh, stop it, I might just cry," Brianna exclaimed, feigning tears.

Jayzon teased her in return, "Such a drama queen."

Brianna shot him a mischievous smile and retorted, "Me? No, it's her! Look at her loving speech," she said, letting out a dramatic sigh.

Sarah chuckled at their banter, shaking her head fondly. "Okay, guys, enough. Let's just enjoy the party."

Meanwhile, Jayzon spotted Switzel across the room and excused himself to go meet her, engaging in a casual conversation.

As Jayzon departed, Brianna turned her attention back to Sarah. "So, what will you like to drink to celebrate your win?" she asked.

Sarah hesitated for a moment before replying, "Anything, but non-alcoholic, please."

Brianna raised an eyebrow, a mischievous glint in her eye. "No way! It's your victory against everyone, especially your dad. You should celebrate!"

Sarah's expression faltered briefly as memories of her father's disparaging remarks about her career flashed through her mind. "Brianna, you know I don't drink," she said softly, a hint of sadness in her voice.

Brianna relented, her playful demeanor softening. "Okay, fine," she conceded, before heading off to get Sarah a drink, leaving her friend standing alone for a moment, lost in her thoughts.
As Sarah stood alone, lost in her thoughts, she felt someone's eyes on her, their gaze burning into her own. Looking up, she met Jeston's intense gaze, his presence commanding attention as he approached her.

"Hii, Congratulations, Ms. Mcalister," Jeston greeted her, his tone laced with a hint of sarcasm.

"Thank you, Mr. Rodristo," Sarah replied, her voice cool and composed, mirroring his tone.

Their exchange was polite, yet tinged with an underlying tension, a silent acknowledgment of their rivalry in the fashion world.

Jeston extended a drink towards her. "Wine?" he offered, a smirk playing on his lips.

Sarah declined with a polite yet firm tone. "Thank you so much, but no. I don't drink," she replied.

Jeston raised an eyebrow, his smirk widening. "Seriously?" he teased.

Sarah met his gaze head-on, her expression unyielding. "Yes," she affirmed, her voice unwavering.

Jeston chuckled softly, admiring her resolve. "If you don't mind me asking, why not?" he inquired, genuine curiosity shining in his eyes.

"I believe alcohol leads to mistakes, and I have no time for mistakes," Sarah replied, her words laced with conviction.

They exchanged a brief yet loaded look, each recognizing the underlying challenge in the other's stance. Despite their differences, there was a mutual respect between them, a begrudging acknowledgment of each other's strengths.

With a silent understanding, they shared a smile, their interaction charged with an undeniable energy as they stood face to face, two formidable rivals in the world of fashion.

Brianna returned with the drinks, breaking the tension between Sarah and Jeston.

"Here are your drinks," Brianna announced cheerfully, placing them on the table.

Sarah smiled gratefully at her friend before turning her attention to Jeston. "Hello, Mr. Rodristo," she greeted him politely, her tone neutral.

Brianna, ever the social butterfly, smoothly initiated a conversation, easing the atmosphere with her easy charm. As they exchanged pleasantries, the tension of their earlier exchange seemed to dissipate, replaced by a more relaxed atmosphere.

Jeston responded in kind, engaging in small talk with Brianna as they discussed the latest trends in fashion and upcoming events in the industry. Despite their rivalry, there was a mutual respect between them, born out of their shared passion for their craft.

As Jeston mingled with other guests, Brianna turned her attention back to Sarah, a mischievous glint in her eye.

"He's so hot! Is there something going on between you two?" Brianna teased, nudging Sarah playfully.

Sarah's response was immediate and vehement. "Never. He's rude and obnoxious. I feel like throttling him whenever I see him."

Brianna raised an eyebrow skeptically. "Really? It seems like there's more to it than just dislike. You're like a fierce bird ready to defend its nest whenever he's around."

Sarah bristled at the suggestion. "I don't change around people. I treat them the way they treat me. I'm kind if you're kind, and not so much if you're not. And as for being an angry bird, well, let's just say I wouldn't hesitate to defend myself if he crosses my path."

Brianna chuckled, trying to lighten the mood. "Relax, my angry bird, relax."

Just then, Jayzon returned to their conversation, oblivious to the tension between the two friends.

"Hey, guys, what's up?" Jayzon greeted them cheerfully.

"Nothing," Sarah replied curtly, her tone brimming with finality.

"Yeah, nothing important to you from us .Go back to Ms Miller she may tell you " Brianna responded with a jealous angry look.

Jayzon sensed the tension and glanced between the two women, his expression clouded with confusion and concern. "Okay..." he muttered, a hint of frustration tingeing his words.