Chapter 17 : Dating THE Archon

(Y/N): So, you're telling me, Ningguang wants us to go to Liyue for a one month vacation all covered by her then a quick business meeting before we go back?

(Y/N) said before taking a bite on the toast he made for breakfast.

Ei: Mhm...

Ei mumbled in agreement as she was drinking her tea.

(Y/N): Hm...then I'll need to settle some work in advance so we don't get bombarded when we come back...

(Y/N) said with a heavy sigh, expecting this week will be full of work and preparation since Beidou will be picking them up soon. Ei noticed his sigh, so she held his hand and caressed the back of his hand with her thumb.

Ei: Is it a lot, love?

(Y/N): Yeah, but I think I can handle it...maybe...

Ei nodded and let go of his hand to take a bite of her sandwich.

Ei: Then I'll help you with it...

Ei said while eating her sandwich, her attention returning back to her book.

(Y/N): Thank you, love...

(Y/N) let out another sigh but now this time it's a relieved one. He looks at Ei and took in her beauty. Bathed in sunlight that came from the window, hair still messy, one of his shirts worn by her all wrinkled up, loose, and baggy since it was a size bigger. He couldn't help but smirk a little to himself before reaching his hand to her chin and wipe of some crumbs near her mouth with his thumb.

Ei: Looks like someone's finding me pretty again~

Ei teased, letting out a playful sigh.

(Y/N): Aren't pretty things supposed to be admired~?

(Y/N) teased back, making Ei a bit flustered.

Ei: Hm...fine, fair point, but I think pretty things should be kissed too~

Ei joked, hinting that she wanted a kiss. (Y/N) chuckled softly and just gave in then gave her a long kiss. He pulled back eventually, Ei still felt the kiss lingering on her lips.

(Y/N): I'll head to the our office, love, I'll start working.

Ei: Sure, go ahead, I'll be there when I'm finished with breakfast.

Ei then kissed back giving him one last kiss before he goes to their office. (Y/N) finished his remaining coffee and toast and then got up to go to the office. When he got there, he sat on his chair behind his desk and started working, reviewing, approving, and looking through some papers. After a while, Ei eventually came in and went to her own desk, sat down, and also began to work. While reading some papers, (Y/N) asked.

(Y/N): Hey, love, since we're going to Liyue, would you rather just sleep in my parents house instead?

Ei head perked up from the document she was signing when she heard the question.

Ei: Oh? Can we?

Ei asked enthusiastically.

(Y/N): Of course, and plus, it'll be a good opportunity to introduce you to my parents and my sister.

Ei: Then let's do that then! I'd rather sleep in your home and get to know your parents than a hotel anyway, and you know how much I've been wanting to meet your family, love.

(Y/N): Yeah, it's settled then...

(Y/N) sighed then put down the papers he was reading on the desk. He leaned back on his chair then said

(Y/N): God, you're gonna see my baby pictures, love...

(Y/N) felt a bit embarrassed and covered his face with his hands. Ei chuckled lightly, her attention returning back to the documents she was handling.