The Contract

Once I wake up I go to the bathroom and brush my teeth then get breakfast. I hear my phone ringing and its Zipher. I pick up the phone and say “Hey Ziph...” I sound tired and hurt but I dont notice. “Hey Mel… are you alright?” they ask “yeah. I'm fine.” It goes quiet for what felt like forever. Ziph asks if we can hang out so I agree to pick them up at the hotel. I take a quick shower and get dressed. I feed Misfortune and grab my keys to run out the door. I get in the car and put on ‘Don't Touch’ by Lil Mariko and drive down to the Hotel.

I park in the parking lot and knock on the big doors and a blonde lady opens the door “Hello! I'm Charlie! How may I help you?” she cheerily. “Oh… uhm Hi I'm Melody I’m looking for Zipher?” I say with a little bit of uncomfort in my voice since she’s the Princess of Hell. “Oh I'll go get them right now!” she tells me before she skips away. I never liked the princess for personal reasons but it's fine. Finally Zipher comes out, he's in his boy form and he flips Charlie off before coming outside and coming to the car. “Hey Mel” he says.

We drive over to the beach and when we get there he sets up our spot. I get us ice cream and we sit on the blanket he placed and we eat our ice cream. Around 20 minutes later we go into the water that's so hot it's almost boiling but were used to it. We start doing swimming races and I lose twice and I won once. Before the next race starts the water circles under me into a tornado and drags me under the water pulling me into the portal.

I open my eyes coughing out water and I look around I see a green king sized bed on tan walls. “What the fuck..” I wonder where i am then look around and I see a girl who looks shocked. “Who are you?” I ask her and she just screams. “Ow! My fucking ears.” she starts crying and i stare at her “Uhm don't cry its okay” I try to comfort her but i don't know how. Thankfully she starts calming down.

She stops crying and looks at me and asks “Who are you?” She sounds a little aggressive. I do not appreciate how this annoying mortal speaks. I roll my eyes at her but I respond “My name is Melody. You summoned me.” She says with annoyance In her voice. She looks at me with disbelief in her eyes before speaking up “How- I didn’t, there's no way… I could never..” she seems really fucking slow. I scoff “Well ya’ did sweetcheeks” “But I follow the instructions right- there's just no way” I look at her with confusion in my eyes “Let me see the instructions.” I respond. She gives me her phone then backs up a little more. Oh she didnt read it right. “Honey.. you were supposed to put the symbol on the wall..” I told her.

She looks like she's about to cry “Wait wait wait wait wait! Don't cry! What did you need an angel for anyways I'll help you.” I say trying to stop her from crying “And why should I tell you, you’re a demon.” the fuck is she tryna say. “Number one rude. Number two I can help you.” I say calmly trying not to be rude because I don't want her to cry again “Sorry, that was rude of me, I wanted an angel to protect me.”

I stare at her and start laughing “Angels don't protect. They're Vile creatures who kill innocent demons and judge humans” I spit out. She looks at me confused so i elaborate “Angels kill demons who have done nothing to them just for fun and entertainment. That's how I lost my friend.” I respond with an irritated tone.

She looks at the floor then mumbles "So, would you protect me…” “I would… under a contract of course.” I say calmly. She gets really close to me and asks “Can we please make a contract!” “Of course… all I ask for is your soul” I snap my fingers and a contract appears with a deep red quill floating in the air. She looks at me with determination and says “Let's do it.” A sinister smile grows on my face “Pleasure doing business with you” I say as she signs the contract.

When she finishes signing two necklaces come from the paper and I take one as does she and we put the on the same time. She starts to scream in pain and cry. She falls but i catch her and pick her up. I put her in her bed then i snap and teleport away.