42. The First Game of the Season

Minnow's POV

Game Day

1:03 pm

There was a mass of weight pressed into my side and I could barely tell you my first name. The sunlight was pouring through the windows, blinding me, and I was so hungry.

And for the first time in a long time, I woke up with a new feeling in my chest. It warmed me from the inside out, making me so happy that I couldn't help but smile as I opened my eyes. I was genuinely happy. Like the ooey-gooey kind of happy.

I'd describe it as cloud nine to most.

I should've been stressed, my wedding being in a few days, but I honestly didn't care. I didn't care that my mom was currently mad at me or that I still didn't have any updates about Brodie.

This...this feeling was the one thing that I needed to hold onto, and cherish.

I stared at the arm wrapped around my bare torso and felt the warmth of Søren's chest against my side. I'd been so scared of being happy I forgot what it truly felt like.

I twisted in his arms and smiled wider. His head was face down on my pillow. We were both nearing the edge of my side of the bed as if he'd moved over toward me in the middle of the night and never let go.

With the blankets wrapped around our bodies like a burrito, our naked limbs were tangled together, a reminder of what happened last night.

I passed my fingers along his hair, humming softly.

I couldn't lose him...damn Brodie. Søren was always protecting me and it was my turn to make sure we were protected.

No matter what.

And I knew what I had to do.

The warmth in my chest cooled down and I felt a familiar stirring in my loins, my body needing him in a way that left me aching.

I blew out a breath, feeling the heat on my face.

Well, this was new.

There was sex and then there was whatever was happening between my thighs. I wasn't usually this ready to go after a night of doing so more than once.

We slept in a for a reason.

Yeah, I was sore as well, but it was like my body didn't know that. I wanted more. Despite the fact that his alarm woke us up at 9 am and instead of getting up, one thing led to another and we...well you could guess.

My fingers danced along his bicep, my nipples tightening from the way his arm held firmly to my chest. 

Then he groaned into his pillow, the deep rumble, eliciting memories from last night.

"Babe," I said, poking his shoulder. "You have to get up. It's game day, remember? Practice is soon."

He groaned again and pulled his head up, sleepy eyes finding mine. He blinked a few times before focusing, almost like he was checking if I was real.

Then he smiled, his lips pressed together, the sight of it nearly killing me.

"Baby," he said in a deep gravelly voice, lowering his lips to my shoulder. "Hi."

I pulled the comforter over my head to cover my blush. A big mistake on my part.

Søren was over the top of me in seconds, pinning me quickly. He tickled my sides, pulling at the covers to reveal my face.

I screamed with laughter, trying to fight back. But it was no use.

His body was too distracting. He placed two hands on both sides of my body, his buff chest and never-ending abs making my thighs press together.