Chapter 1

I walked into Home Sweet Home sadly. I was forced to move to this 'PlayCare' place after my Dad died. He was the only person to care for me after my mom left. A boy with black hair walked up to me and smiled.

"Are you new here?" He asked.

"Um, yeah I am," I answered.

"Well it's nice to meet you, I'm Jennings," He introduced.

"It's nice to meet you too, I'm Kalley," I introduced myself.

"Wanna be my roommate?" Jennings asked.

"Sure," I smiled.

I followed him back to his room and sat down on an empty bed. There was another boy in the room. He had hay blonde hair and rust colored eyes. He was reading a book on his bed. He looked up and smiled at me.

"Hi new girl," he said.

"Hi," I replied nervously

"My names Dakota!" He introduced himself.

"Cool! Dakota is actually my middle name!" I said.

"That's cool! So what's your first named?" Dakota asked.

"I'm Kalley," I answered.

"Well it's nice to meet you!" He said, going back to his book.

I smiled at him. Though it was sad I lost my dad, I was glad I was making some new friends here. 

***

Later Jennings showed my around the rest of PlayCare. He took me to the School, where I met Mrs. Delight. To be honest, she kind of creeped me out, so I was happy to be out of there. He them took me to the playhouse. That seemed more up my alley. I loved walking around, playing with the toys, and playing with the other kids. Lastly he showed my the councilors office. He explained it as a place for kids to go if they needed to talk to an adult. I had a feeling I'd be spending lots of time there. As we walked back to home sweet home, I noticed giant statues of eight smiling animals. I stopped and stared at them. Jennings stopped walking and looked back at me.

"Who are they?" I asked.

"I'm pretty sure they're called 'The Smiling Critters'," Jennings answered.

"Smiling Critters," I repeated.

"Yeah, If you wanted to know more, I'd asked Dakota. He loves them, watches every episode," Jennings explained.

"Um, alright," I said.

Jennings just smiled and continued to walk back to Home Sweet Home. I followed him, happy that I made some friends