Chapter 2

"You've never heard of The Smiling Critters?!" Dakota asked, bewildered.

"Um, no," I admitted, "I never really watched Cartoons back when I was with my dad."

"The Smiling Critters are the best! My personal favorite is DogDay," Dakota said.

"Who are the others?" I implored.

"Well there's a unicorn named CraftyCorn, a chicken named KickinChickin, a rabbit named Hoppy Hopscotch, an elephant named Bubba Bubbaphant, A pig named PickyPiggy and and a bear named Bobby Bearhug," Dakota answered.

"There was also a cat statue out there, who's that," I asked.

"Oh, his name was CatNap, he was apart of the group, but he got recalled," Dakota explained.

"Oh, why was he recalled?" I questioned further.

"We don't know, he was just removed from all promotional material and Playtime Co. stopped selling his plush," Dakota said.

"Hm," I mumbled and sat down on my bed.

The next morning, I was supposed to go to School with the other kids. Jennings was supposed to lead me there but instead he took me to this place called 'The Lab'. We walked inside to see a bunch of scientists chatting and writing down data. All of the scientists seemed unphased by Jennings and I being there. Jennings led me to a back room where there was a table set up with a bunch of drawing and coloring stuff. There were also two scientists in there. One boy, one girl. 

"Hi Jennings! Who's your friend?" The girl asked.

"Hi Alyssa! This is my new friend Kalley, she just moved into the PlayCare yesterday," Jennings said.

"Well it's nice to meet you Kalley!" Alyssa smiled.

"Nice to meet you too," I said.

I sat down next to Jennings and started drawing almost immediately. Jennings was doing a math work sheet, that seemed way to hard for me. The scientists continued to work until we were called in to another room. We walked in to see a small cat plush, with a pair of bee wings. Alyssa turned around and smiled at us.

"Hello you two," she said.

"Hi Alyssa," I said  back.

"I need you twos help naming these toys, before we put them in the game station," Alyssa explained.

I then saw two other toys. One was a very long dog and the other was a yellow rabbit with cymbals. 

"You need us to name all three?" I asked.

"Mhm," Alyssa confirmed.

Jennings stood there thinking for a while, but I already had some ideas.

"The cat should be Catbee, The rabbit should be Bunzo , an d The dog should be... PJ the pug-a-pillar," I said.

Jennings stared at me with confusion, "How'd you think of those that fast?"

"I just looked at them and the first name that came to my mind, I said," I answered.

"Well those are great names, Kalley," Alyssa said.

I smiled, cheerfully, "Thanks Alyssa!"

"Okay, you to can go back to whatever you were doing now," Alyssa said.

So me and Jennings walked back out to the other room. Jennings went back to his math, and I went back to my drawing. It was a preying mantis I named Undead. I also drew a a butterfly character I named Asteroid. 

Soon enough, me and Jennings had to go back to Home Sweet Home. I was kind of bummed out, because I liked the lab. It was fun there. We walked into our room to find Dakota watching an episode of Smiling Critters. He didn't seem to notice us walking in, so I decide to do something. I slowly crept up behind him and.

"BOO!" I shouted.

"AHH!" He screamed.

"HAH! I got you," I laughed.

"Not cool," Dakota told me.

Hi Dakota!" Jennings said.

"Hi Jennings, hey why weren't you two at school?" Dakota asked.

"We were helping the staff," Jennings answered.

"Sounds cool," Dakota said.

I sat down on my bed. It was cool, I got to help with the toys! If life was going to be like this everyday, I was going to have a good life.