CHAPTER 16

AUTHOR's POV

Soobin sat in the lecture hall, trying to focus on the professor's words, but his mind kept drifting back to Y/N. He couldn't help but replay the events of the last night in his head. It had caught him completely off guard, but now he couldn't stop thinking about it.

He remembered the way Y/N had looked at him after the kiss, her eyes wide with surprise and something else he couldn't quite place. As the lecture dragged on, Soobin found himself doodling in the margins of his notebook, drawing aimless patterns as he tried to make sense of his feelings.

He had always been good at keeping his emotions in check, but Y/N had a way of unraveling him, of making him feel things he had never felt before. He couldn't deny that he was drawn to her, despite everything. He wanted to be near her, to see her smile, to hear her laugh, even if it meant risking his own heart in the process.

As the lecture finally came to an end, Soobin gathered his things, his mind still swirling with thoughts of Y/N. He exited the classroom and walked towards Y/N's classroom. There he saw Y/N with the guy she was with that day.

Soobin felt a knot in his stomach as he watched Y/N chatting with the guy Y/N refered to whom as her childhood friend. He tried to ignore the pang of jealousy that welled up inside him, but seeing her smile and laughing with another guy made him feel oddly vulnerable.

He walked towards them and a tense expression on his face.

Y/N : Oh- What's with that face?

Soobin : What are you up to?

Guy : We were heading to the cafeteria.

Soobin glared at the guy.

Soobin : You have to come with me.

Y/N : I will but-

Soobin : You're coming with me now.

Soobin held her arm pulling her along with him outside the classroom. He took her to the backside of the campus and let go of her arm.

Y/N : What's with this sudden pull?

Soobin : I don't like seeing you with that guy.

Y/N : But he is just a friend.

Soobin : Do you even realise his intentions?

Y/N : He's not a bad guy, Soobin.

Soobin : Is that so? He was literally starting at- nevermind. A guy can pretty surely understand another guy's intentions. Stop being around him.

Y/N : Don't worry about that. I understand how you feel but-

Soobin : Let's go to the cafeteria.

Y/N : Don't you think we should go separately? For others, we might be dating but we have to keep ourselves hidden from our friends. Forgot already?

Soobin : Oh right.

Y/N : But I don't feel any good in it. I think we should tell-

Soobin : Not until I want. You leave first.

Y/N : You're so annoying sometimes.

As Y/N left for the cafeteria, Soobin stood there, his emotions swirling inside him. He knew Y/N was right. They couldn't keep their relationship a secret forever, especially from their friends. But a part of him was afraid of how their friends would react since for everyone, he is one of the most heartless guys.

Y/N sat along with Ga-Yeong opposite to the boys. Soobin came a few minutes late and joined them as well.

Ga-Yeong : I am really frustrated these days.

Yeonjun : Why? Is anyone bothering you? Tell me-

Ga-Yeong : I am not the kind of person getting bothered by anyone. I just feel bored.

Beomgyu : Even I do. We should hang out often these days.

Taehyun : There's nothing interesting here left anymore. We have been almost everywhere.

Ga-Yeong : I want to go camping.

Yeonjun : It's not a bad idea.

Beomgyu : Just us seven. It would be fun.

Ga-Yeong: I just thought of it. I'm not saying that we should really go.

Yeonjun : But we are. Who is in?

Beomgyu : I am.

Kai : Me too.

Taehyun : Me even.

Ga-Yeong : Alright, me too then.

Yeonjun: What about you two ghosts?

Y/N : I am in too.

Yeonjun : Soobin?

Soobin : Okay.

Yeonjun stood up immediately banging his hand hard enough on the table to grab everyone's attention.

Yeonjun : We are going camping!

The group burst into excited chatter, discussing plans for the camping trip. They talked about what to bring, where to go, and what activities to do. Ga-Yeong suggested a secluded spot by a lake, while Beomgyu proposed they go hiking and explore the area.

Yeonjun, always the organizer, started assigning tasks.

Yeonjun : Okay, Beomgyu and Kai, you both would take care of the tent work. Taehyun for cooking definitely. Soobin and Y/N, you two can gather firewood and help with any other tasks that come up. And I and Ga-Yeong will take care of any emergencies and make sure we stay safe.

Ga-Yeong : Ga-Yeong, so am I not doing any work?

Yeonjun : You just have to stay beside me and assist me.

Ga-Yeong : Do I look like your servant?

Yeonjun : Just stay by me and do nothing. No questions further.

Everyone nodded, eager to contribute to the trip.

_

At the dispersal time, Soobin asked Y/N to wait for him at the backside.

Soobin : Did I make you wait for long?

Y/N : No no.

Soobin : You will stay by me when we go camping.

Y/N : What about others?

Soobin : We will see them.

Y/N : Sometimes, I really don't understand you.

Soobin chuckled and kissed her forehead. Y/N looked up at him, her heart overflowing with love for this man who had captured her heart.

They stood there, lost in each other's eyes, knowing that they were stronger than any obstacle they might face.

_