CHAPTER 28

AUTHOR'S POV

Beomgyu : Did you guys fuck each other?

The question hung in the air, cutting through the noise of the party like a knife. Y/N's face flushed a deep crimson, and she instinctively looked down at her feet, her heart pounding in her chest. Soobin's eyes widened in shock, and he felt his own face heating up. He stammered, searching for words that wouldn't come.

Soobin : Beomgyu, what the hell?

Soobin finally managed to say, his voice strained with embarrassment and a hint of anger. Beomgyu laughed, seemingly oblivious to the tension he had just created.

Beomgyu : Just curious, you know? The way you both look right now tells us.

He gave them both a playful wink before staggering off to join the others. Soobin and Y/N exchanged an awkward glance, neither knowing quite what to say. The air between them felt even thicker now, charged with a mix of embarrassment and unspoken feelings.

As Soobin and Y/N struggled to regain their composure after Beomgyu's absorbing question, Yeonjun broke the tension between them.

Yeonjun : Hey, guys, we should leave now. It's getting late, and I think we've had enough for one night.

Soobin nodded, grateful for the interruption.

Y/N silently agreed, feeling the need to escape the awkwardness and the prying eyes. She gathered her belongings and followed Soobin and Yeonjun towards the exit, their friends falling in line behind them.

Once outside, the cool night air hit them, a welcome relief from the stuffy, tension-filled atmosphere inside.

Yeonjun : Let's drop Y/N first.

Y/N : It's alright. I can manage.

Yeonjun : Woman, have you seen the time? I don't want to rot in prison if you get kidnapped at this hour since we would be the first to get the blame for the same.

Y/N : I live in a dorm. It would be too awkward if you all would come.

Beomgyu : Then, I will-

Yeonjun : Soobin, can you drop her home? Taehyun and I had drank lot so Beomgyu would drive us back.

Beomgyu : But Soobin also knows how to drive-

Soobin : Fine.

Y/N glanced at Soobin, a mix of relief and nervousness crossing her face. She nodded slightly, grateful for the offer. The group began to split up, with Beomgyu helping a stumbling Taehyun into the car.

Soobin led Y/N to his car, opening the passenger door for her. As he got into the driver's seat and started the engine, the silence between them felt heavy, filled with unsaid words and lingering awkwardness from the night.

As they drove away from the party, the city lights blurred past, Y/N stole a glance at Soobin. "Thank you," she murmured, breaking the silence.

Soobin : No problem.

The car ride was filled with the soft hum of the engine and the distant sounds of the city. Y/N stared out the window, the passing lights reflecting her turmoil. She could feel the tension in the air, a palpable weight that had been growing for days.

After a few minutes of silence, Y/N took a deep breath and gathered her courage. She glanced at Soobin, his profile illuminated by the streetlights, and decided it was now or never.

Y/N : Soobin..

She began, her voice trembling slightly.

Y/N : There's something I need to tell you. Something I've been holding back for days.

Soobin's grip tightened on the steering wheel, but he kept his eyes on the road.

Soobin : What is it?

He asked, his tone calm but with a hint of apprehension.

Y/N swallowed hard, her heart pounding in her chest.

Y/N : I know you will definitely feel wierd after what I am going to say. I... I haven't been honest with you. About.. about us.

Soobin's gaze flickered towards her for a brief moment before returning to the road.

Soobin : Go on.

He said, his voice softer than before.

She took another deep breath, her hands clasped tightly in her lap.

Y/N : I've been so confused and scared, but I can't keep it to myself any longer. Soobin, we.. you.. we have met before.

Soobin : Oh that. I already apologized to you for that. I really can't remember that.

Y/N : Soobin.. I don't know how to describe this. I am myself not sure whether I travelled back in time or I have been dreaming for months but we.. we both were together. We both were dating. We loved each other.

The car was silent for a moment. Soobin slowed the car and pulled over to the side of the road. He turned to face her, his expression a mix of confusion and something she couldn't quite decipher.

Soobin : What do you mean?

Y/N : That we had been together since months. I don't know how, where and what was it, but we really were. I am not sure whether I have a mental crisis going on or whether that was all a hallucination but it really did happen. That is why the first day I saw you, I approached you and asked you about the same, Soobin.

Tears welled up in Y/N's eyes, a mix of relief and vulnerability.

Y/N : Soobin, I don't want to keep pretending. I want to be honest with you, with myself. I want to see where this goes, even if it's scary. Even if you don't remember, I still want to..

Before she could say anything else, Soobin leaned in, closing the small distance between them. His hand cupped her cheek, and in one swift, tender motion, he pressed his lips to hers.

The kiss was soft at first, a tentative exploration. But as the seconds passed, it deepened, growing more intimate and urgent. Y/N responded instinctively, her hands finding their way to Soobin's shoulders, pulling him closer.

The world outside the car seemed to fade away, leaving just the two of them in that moment of pure connection. Soobin's other hand slid to the back of her neck, holding her gently but firmly. The kiss conveyed all the unspoken words, the bottled-up emotions, and the longing they had both felt. It was a release, a promise, and an unspoken understanding all at once.

When they finally broke apart, both of them were breathing heavily, their foreheads resting against each other. Soobin's eyes searched Y/N's, finding the same mix of relief and desire reflected back at him.

Y/N : Soobin..

Soobin : So how we were actually in your dream or hallucination or whatever it was?

Y/N : Do you believe in me.. like.. for real?

Soobin : Why? Were you joking with me just now?

Y/N : No way. It's because, I thought you might find it lame.

Soobin : I don't. So, what did we actually do?

Y/N : It's a.. long story.

Soobin : We have the whole night with us or are you in a hurry to go back to your dorm?

_

A/N :

I kind of changed the story theme.
The plot would remain same but the themes might get dark ahead.

The ahead chapters might get a little traumatising.

Since you guys love spice more :)

°°°
And your opinions are always welcomed.

Love y'all <3