Chapter-25 ~ Rescue Part-1

It was midnight. Anya was asleep and Yor was changing into her 'work' attire. Suddenly, someone rang the bell at the Forger household. Yor got startled and picked up her stilettos and reached out to the door. "Who is it? Answer me now or you will be dead as soon as the door opens."

There was no response. The surroundings were as silent as a shrine. Yor opened the door and rushed her stilettos out. There was no one there. She stood there perplexed for a moment... before she spotted the envelope lying on the ground. She sniffed the envelope slightly before picking it up to ensure that there was no chemical kill agent. She then picked it up and went inside to keep the envelope on the kitchen counter.

She sat down in the kitchen stool and opened the envelope. There was a letter inside the envelope.

Dear Mrs.Forger,
I am truly sorry for your circumstances. However, if there's one thing I can assure you now, is that your husband is in grave danger. He has been most likely sentenced to death and would be executed tomorrow. Your husband is being held at the State Security Service's official headquarters. The security there is nothing like even an assassin like you has ever seen. I am afraid that I can not help you further, you're on your own now. You can choose not to trust me, but then again it's your husband's life we are considering here. Best of luck.

PS. Don't try to find me, by the time you'll be seeing this letter, I will be in another country.

Sylvia Sherwood

Yor tightened her fists and dashed out.

——————————

The time was about 1:15 AM. Yor was standing on the rooftop of a building in the same district as the SSS HQ. She was using her binoculars to see the SSS HQ and analyse the security detail. The building was surrounded by 4 metre high walls on all sides and the whole perimeter was crawling with guards armed with machine guns.
The building had very less windows and those too had reinforced bars. The only way in was through the front gate or the shipment loading area which too was heavily secured. However, Yor had no other choice but to rush in because she had no disguise and no means of infiltration.

She jumped across the rooftops of the buildings until she reached the building adjacent to the right side of the HQ. She jumped from there and grasped the ledge of the perimeter wall. The guards inside the walls wouldn't be able to spot her, however, she did keep the watch towers in mind while trying to find a suitable spot to jump in. She climbed up the ledge and now had access to the direct view of the building and the security perimeter.

*I can't alert them of my presence... there are too many guards here and they're heavily armed. I need to find a way in and enter without causing much hinderance.*

She silently jumped down and landed straight among the bushes at the corner of the perimeter walls. There were 2 guards patrolling nearby. She reached down to her boots and grabbed her dart shooter. She carefully knocked out the 2 guards and headed to the backside of the building, where the shipment loading bay was situated. She knocked out another 2 guards on her way.

————————————

There were huge black gates at the backside of the building and 2 watch towers. Yor was hiding behind a container. There were 4 guards at the loading bay and 3 security cameras.

(The bay looked something like this)

She shot a dart in the ground and 2 guards immediately ran towards the dart to investigate. As soon as they were distracted, she shot them.

The other 2 guards then suddenly noticed that their colleagues were missing and started searching for them. Yor then sneaked into the loading bay and shot the remaining 2 guards from the back. She stayed vigilant enough to avoid being spotted by the cameras. There was only one gate through which one could enter the building and it was a huge glass door, behind which was an empty hallway with no guards but there still was a camera directly placed above the glass door. There seemed no way of avoiding to be spotted.

*I could just break this camera instantly... but then they will send someone to check it and if they see the guards I've knocked out, they surely will activate intruder alert protocol. Right now, I've hidden their bodies at spots where there is no camera coverage. This camera above the glass door is a pain in the ass.... But to hell with it*

She threw one of her stilettos at the camera and there was a sudden spark. Soon, smoke started coming from the camera and she knew that it was off. She jumped and grabbed her stiletto and headed inside (the glass door wasn't locked because SSS had night shifts). The hallway had no cameras and she walked in. Luckily, there was a building map below the fire extinguisher. She tried to locate the prison region on the map and found that it was inside the basement. The building layout had only one elevator and that was across the main lobby area.

*It's time to make some noise.... I have to take this risk... or I'll never be able to live with myself again...*

She grasped her stilettos firmly and rushed through the door and into the main lobby.

"What the hell!? Why is everyone knocked out..?? What the hell is going on here?", she shouted.

The lobby was empty and all the staff had been knocked out. She closely examined one of their bodies, there was no bullet shot. She herself felt a bit dizzy and found it difficult to maintain her balance. She looked around the room and found an empty gas grenade.. "Carbon monoxide... huh"

She immediately covered her nose with her hands and ran straight into the elevator. She pressed the button for basement and readied herself for what was about to come... she held her stilettos in front of her face and switched to full-on fight mode. 10 seconds passed.....

The elevator door opened.... and Yor was shocked to see a gun aiming at her head..

"YOU! You caused this to him, didn't you?"

Yor replied... "Yes and I'm here to fix the mess I caused, Ms. Fiona..........."