Chapter-15 ~ Confrontation Part-3

Author's Note: The previous chapter is not a part of the main storyline, you could think of it as a side/prequel chapter. This chapter will continue the main storyline after Chapter-13.

——————————————

"Since you now know the truth, Yor.... tell me. Tell me who was the mole who gave you the information regarding my mission."

Yor seemed puzzled, "Obviously, there was no name or even any alias. The garden received a voice recording device which had a voice message. The message had a cryptic voice but it was 100% obvious that the voice was of a woman."

Now, this didn't fully narrow down who the traitor could be, but was certainly helpful information.

"A woman... you say? If it were to actually be a female spy, my options are quite narrowed down. But only if it were so easy. We spies have a lot of technology and know many techniques which would help us hide our identity. With proper voice training, there's no denying that this could've easily been a man. Being optimistic, well, such a word doesn't exist for people like us, I'll start scouting out the female suspects first. "

"Loid... listen or wait don't even know your real name... "

This disheartened Yor, even though she had fell in love with him, she didn't even know his real name. But still, she loved him dearly, nonetheless this fact continued to behave like a dagger to hear soft heart.

"Loid. That's who I am for the real people who know me. The truth about my real name, even I no longer remember it because I was trained to forget it. I am Loid Forger and will always be."

"Well... uhh Loid. Please... be careful."

He chuckled and they both went off to bed, well of course Loid wasn't able to sleep and so wasn't Yor because of this. Instead, she let him think peacefully while she sat taking support of the bed and he lied down with his head on her lap. They remained like this the whole night. Yes indeed, Yor was worried about Loid but she couldn't let this come in his way, instead she focused more on how she could help him and prevent him from taking any wrong steps which would eventually be bad for him.

——————————-

Loid had devised a clear cut plan to rule out all the female suspects. First of all, the only females aware of Operation Strix were the Handler, Nightfall, Headquarters members and Dusk.

Dusk was however only a month ago transferred to Ostania so she can't be the culprit. The idea of any HQ member doing this wouldn't make sense either since there's never been a mole from HQ at any point in history because HQ staff are kept physically and technologically isolated from the whole world just to avoid scenarios like these.

That leaves Loid with Nightfall and Sylvia. He would have to investigate them individually and properly.

This day he had made a plan to investigate Nightfall. He would track her movements for 24 hours and oh was it going to be a hell of a tube for him since he hadn't slept the last night and wasn't going to get any sleep this night either.

—————————————

It was about 6 AM in the morning and Twilight had sent a message to the WISE base that he won't work that day since Anya was sick. He made Anya take a leave from school as well and instructed Yor to give her company and ensure she stays at home and if anyone comes to the Forger residence, act as if Anya is sick.

Yor was already aware of what Loid would be going to do. However, we can't deny that Yor was feeling annoyed because it's Fiona we are talking about here. The woman who is officially Yor's competitor. Even though Yor knows that she is just Loid's colleague, she still can't help but feel her territorial and possessive impulses kick in.