Chapter 9: Investigative Debriefings

(Flyimus Prime's POV...)

I was driving in front of Optimus, my lights and sirens making civilians move out of our way as we got closer to the Nellis Air Force Base.

Just then, over the radio, I could hear Mikaela shriek as she presumably felt Madison tickling her awake.

Mikaela questions, "Madison, why did you tickle me?"

Madison answers, "Because we're almost at the Air Force Base."

Optimus then says, "While I do not condone Madison tickling you awake as you may be uncomfortable with it, Mikaela, I was also about to wake you, but much more gentle in the sense that it is how an Earth parent wakes their child for school."

Mikaela replies, "Well, thank you for being considerate, Optimus."

Optimus replies back, "You are welcome, Mikaela."

Just then, Optimus hits a small pothole that makes Madison and Mikaela bump heads by accident.

Madison and Mikaela hiss in pain at the exact same time and Optimus asks, "Are you both okay?"

Madison answers, "Nothing that serious for now."

Mikaela answers, "Minor headache forming; nothing some bedrest won't fix. I may not be an Earth medic, but I learned from my babysitters and my aunt how to nurse minor to severe headaches."

Optimus remarks before saying, "Good. And I apologize, but it seems that your Earth roads are in desperate need of repairs."

Highscreech then says, "We know, but the construction infrastructure needed to repair the potholes and other damages on the roads of the United States plus the foundations, materials, and so forth of the cities of our country costs approximately two billion and six hundred million United States dollars, something that not everyone in the United States can hope to donate for rebuilding and renovating everything modern about our country. On the other hand, if someone famous in the United States already had nearly unlimited amounts of money, they could easily donate two billion and six hundred million dollars to rebuild and renovate the United States."

Optimus then asks, "So, the amount of money and the amount of resources in the United States as well as construction materials are not unlimited?"

Batjump answers, "No, sadly."

Sam inquires, "So, any idea who we're meeting up with aside from Captain Lennox, Sergeant Epps, my and Madison's parents, Maggie, Glen, Director Banachek, Secretary Keller, President Bush, and Agent Simmons among others?"

I answered, "Possibly a general from the Pentagon that answers directly to Secretary Keller and President Bush Jr."

Madison then says, "I hope this general was brought up to speed on us all."