Losers

Now it rested on his shoulders to make this happen, to save them from this unsettling fate, and Alastor stepped up to challenge Angel and Husk who were both smirking at him for different reasons. Husk was enjoying the idea of him feeling trapped by this dare and Angel was fantasizing over the idea of Alastor and the short king himself going at it, or Alastor just turning as stiff as a board being unsure of what to do. Maybe he wasn't as naive about that stuff as he appeared? Certainly didn't seem interested in anyone, to Angel anyway, until now. That tension they had was probably more than just tension, he ws guessing, remembering what a rocky start him and Husk had early on and what it led to. Hell, even Sir Pentious and Cherri Bomb fought each other in countless turf wars before he found out Sir Pentious's dying confession of love.

Angel grabbed his cue stick when presented with the blank slate grinning as Alastor grinned with his impish shadows frowning around him, Lucifer was starting to blush again watching them as he leaned on his cue stick, he felt as if he were fighting for his life as well when Charlie came over. "Hey dad...can we talk about this?"

She looked very unsettled, Lucifer slipping down from the tall barstool before following her to a more private corner of the room as he heard Angel taking the first shot, balls scattering across the table.

"You're not going to actually...have relations with Alastor right, if Angel wins? I mean mom...I mean I know you two aren't exactly together anymore...I know it's complicated. But I also know that you still love her...whereever she is."

Lucifer sighed, running his fingers through his hair and yanking it slightly, his face still red over his red spotted cheeks.

"Uhhh...well a dare's a dare. There's not a lot of room to back out of it. If we have to do this I'm sure we can make it as quick as possible. I still—hate him...for trying to take you from me...but I see you love me still even after all that time. That gives me some peace. Whatever happens I'll be alright. Besides, I'm far fucking stronger than that red headed buffoon, it's not like he's gonna hurt me unless he straight up takes an angelic blade to my throat or something."

Lucifer was putting on a brave face, and Charlie soon wrapped her arms around him and buried him into her chest, stroking his blonde hair as he stood shocked before slowly returning her hug, eyes watering at what him potentially doing this was doing to her. It was breaking her already fragile sanity and he could feel it. When she eased up a little he pinched her cheek.

"You're always gonna be my little girl, no matter what hell I go through, so chin up. I can take care of myself, I won't leave you alone with him."

He walked back to the pool table, watching intently as Alastor looked to him, finding the serious scowl on his face while his own smile nearly popped out of his jaw in determination.

"A smile keeps your enemies guessing.~ Give us one for the sake of this game!"

Lucifer huffed, maybe the false presentation of confidence would save them?

He smiled with pearly whites when Husk went up to aim, his equally yellowed tooth grin on Alastor who stood with his hands behind his back, still prideful as always and now seeming more collected than he was moments ago with his good score which pocketed a one and a seven.

"Gonna wipe that smug look off your face, you're gonna be needing a few drinks when we're finished," The alcoholic who usually was so serious spoke with eagerness.

"Try it.~" Alastor challenged, fist tightening with the green chained collar appearing on Husk's neck, shivering as the rattling rung in his ears before vanishing.

He was trying to test his nerves, intimidate him into missing, but Angel put a hand on his back, chest up with eyes planted on Alastor. "Don't let him get to you. Breathe and aim with your heart."