Complicated Parting

AU: Suffering with writer's block so work will be slower. This chapter may be rough.

Lucifer found himself at peace in bed for the first time in almost ten years, it was a beautiful and yet heart wrecking feeling, as it wouldn't last much longer. The next morning came far too fast, Alastor lying in bed and staring at the ceiling as sleep simply wasn't occurring.

He was pondering everything, only in his bandages as Lucifer was bare, snuggling into his chest with his legs wrapped around the taller man's thighs, a content bit of snoring leaving him that plagued Alastor's ears, causing them to twitch.

Was getting this close to him the right move? Would it make him soft? Was this lust or...perhaps something more? He was still doubtful about getting close to him, but then he heard the king stirring in his sleep, turning his attention to him before a knock came to the door, leaving his ears up as he looked to Lucifer, turning red at the state of things. The shadow peeked out at the door, equally alarmed.

"Luce-Lucifer!" The deer whispered with a shouting tone, leaving Lucifer peeking up to the buck with a yawn which was quickly shut.

"There's someone right outside! You need to hide they cannot see us like this!"

He sighed, annoyed that he was being bothered at what seemed like so early in the morning. Eventually he groaned to himself and turned into a mouse, Alastor staring impatiently while also astounded that the man could really turn into anything, watching him scurry underneath the buck's pillow, his tiny snout peeking out to breathe.

He looked to their clothes on the floor, alarmed by the knocking and its fastness.

"A moment!" He exclaimed, wincing as he moved from the bed, rushing fo their things and scooting them under the bed with his foot to avoid bending down, unintentionally leaving his gown there as well as he went back to the bed, covering himself with sweat leaving his brow, about to let the person come in when they came in without his verbal permission. Impatient!

It was unsurprisingly Charlie, who ran in and hugged him yet again, causing him to grit his teeth as Rosie came in along side her, having a red box and a bouquet of flowers in tow.

"We've been missing you! Are you getting better? How is-" She stopped when she noticed the flowers at the dresser and the record player, a tiny bit suspicious as nobody from the hotel visited recently, as far as she knew.

"Did someone come visit?"

"Yes. Nobody important, a little filthy rat if I'm being frank. Just a friend."

Lucifer squeaked at the rat part as Alastor pressed onto his pillow, leaving Charlie raising a brow as she felt tempted to pull it up, Alastor completely blocking her.

"Some space would be appreciated! Can't have anyone getting too close with these injuries."

He knew he would be out soon and yet claimed things to be more serious, smiling nervously as she sighed.

"Seriously? Are you recovering? Because the hotel is at a loss without you. Those impy thingies did their job and left and right now it's like they weren't there at all. Angel has been having a really hard time and I can't exactly protect him, you know how that ended up last time, it wasn't pretty...I know you might be able to at least keep his clients behaved."

"Yes, of course. I can scare anyone. No one in their right mind would dare mess with me you know. I'll be seeing if I'm better enough to be discharged today. Just be patient."

"Okay...Rosie wanted to talk to you, she insisted it was a private matter so I have to go. Call me once you know okay?"

"I'll do so darling.~ Take some more imps for the little worries." He summoned more, Charlie smiling at any help she could get.