Chapter 6

The buns were filled with pork and green onions, chubby and soft, with a fragrant aroma.

With Pei Yuan's permission, Baoning brought over the buns, garlic, and freshly made cold radish salad from the kitchen one by one, placing them on the small kang table, and finally, she brought a pot of hot tea.

Pei Yuan was stunned by the sumptuous breakfast.

He could still understand the dumpling soup from last night; it was simple to make, and he could learn to do it himself. But today, all of this...

Pei Yuan still found it unbelievable and asked in astonishment, "Did you make these?"

Baoning nodded. She could sense the implicit praise in his words, making her smile even wider. Suddenly, she remembered something and exclaimed, "Fourth Prince, wait a moment, there's one more thing."

Pei Yuan watched as she hurriedly ran out, her small face peeking out from under her skirt.

She was wearing a different dress from yesterday, a graceful pink, hugging her waist in a slender line, elegant and slender. Her hair was adorned with a swaying peach blossom hairpin, and upon closer inspection, she even wore a pair of silver earrings. She was dressed beautifully and radiated joy.

Pei Yuan was surprised by her good mood and grooming.

While he was thinking, Baoning came back in, holding a chicken egg. Perhaps it was too hot; she flipped it from hand to hand until she finally placed it on the table, letting out a sigh of relief.

Maybe it was because the door hadn't been closed in time, allowing the long-lost sunlight to pour in, but suddenly, Pei Yuan felt that the room, which had always been dark and dreary, was brightening up.

He felt like his heart was brightening up too.

Baoning smiled at him. "Fourth Prince, I've boiled an egg for you. I'll cook one for you every morning from now on to keep you healthy."

Pei Yuan had forgotten how long it had been since he had eaten such a meal or had someone speak to him in such a tone. But today, with the help of this new wife, everything seemed possible. His little wife had a good temperament and didn't hold grudges. Originally, he had imagined her to be cunning and vicious, but now, she might really have no ill intentions.

Was it because she was too good at hiding her true intentions, or maybe she really was just a simpleton?

Pei Yuan stopped thinking about it. He picked up a bun with his chopsticks, dipped it in the garlic dish, and put it in his mouth.

The bun was soft, and as he bit into it, the juices from the meat flowed out, filling his mouth with a delicious flavor that was fresh but not greasy, with a pleasant fragrance.

Her culinary skills were truly impressive. Pei Yuan's eyes lit up.

Baoning asked, "Is it delicious?"

Pei Yuan nodded.

Baoning smiled with narrowed eyes. "Then I'll make it for you every day from now on."

Her words... Pei Yuan's chopsticks paused in midair, his breath caught for a moment. He didn't know how to respond, so he casually picked up some radish salad to divert his attention.

Baoning remained silent for a while before suddenly speaking up, "Um, Fourth Prince..."

She only said half a sentence before trailing off. Pei Yuan glanced at her, indicating for her to continue.

Baoning's cheeks turned slightly red, her eyes sparkling, finding it difficult to voice her thoughts.

"Fourth Prince, I'm good at cooking. I can do anything. How about we make a deal? I'll cook whatever you want, but can you stop being so harsh on me?"