Chapter 10

When Bao Ning brought the porridge over, Pei Yuan was already sleeping like a log. He reluctantly woke up to drink the porridge, still looking unhappy.

Bao Ning was irritated and quietly pinched his arm.

After feeding him the porridge, she wiped his face and hands, changed the bandages on his legs, and then went back to her room.

The little puppy curled up in the blanket, tilting its head to wait for her. Bao Ning smiled and rubbed its head.

After tossing and turning for most of the night, Bao Ning couldn't sleep. She kept thinking about the wounds on Pei Yuan's leg.

Actually, from the beginning, she found it strange how Pei Yuan ended up like that. It shouldn't be an illness; if it were, his leg would be paralyzed, and he wouldn't feel any pain. There were many cuts on his leg, but they wouldn't cause his entire right leg to be immobile. Cuts hurt, but they wouldn't render his leg completely useless.

Bao Ning couldn't figure it out.

Deep down, Bao Ning had some fantasies. What if Pei Yuan's leg could be healed in the future?

She had learned some medical skills from Aunt Ming in the mansion since she was a child. She knew that Aunt Ming's father used to run a clinic and treated such illnesses.

Some elderly people, when they suffered a stroke, would become paralyzed, unable to pick up things or walk. Aunt Ming said that many times such illnesses could be corrected: internal medicine, external application of medicine to the affected limb, regular massage, walking with them. Some patients with mild symptoms could recover up to 70-80%, and even severe cases could recover 20-30%.

Pei Yuan was still young, and his physical condition was also good. If he persisted in treatment, it should be effective.

But he definitely wouldn't agree. Bao Ning could imagine that if she went to Pei Yuan and said she wanted to treat him using the methods used for those stroke-stricken old people, he would definitely be angry, his face would darken, and he might even scold her and kick her out.

His face was very fickle, like the weather in June; it could change at any moment. He might be smiling at you now, but the next moment he might turn hostile.

Bao Ning didn't dare to touch such a sore spot.

Moreover, treating the illness required targeted medication, but since Pei Yuan refused to say how his leg ended up like that, she couldn't prescribe the right medicine.

Bao Ning sighed and thought that she would wait for some time, try to get closer to Pei Yuan, and persuade him. The most urgent thing now was to take good care of his diet, change the bandages daily, and let his wounds heal first.

And he needed to quit drinking!

The little puppy didn't know what Bao Ning was thinking as she sat there. Unable to stand the loneliness, it came over and bit her finger.

It was teething, its mouth itching, and it held onto Bao Ning's wrist with both paws, wrapping its mouth around her finger, its tiny tongue scratching her skin.

"I haven't given you a name yet, have I?" Bao Ning scratched its chin, pondering for a moment. "Since you like licking people so much, let's call you Sweet."

The puppy blinked at her, and Bao Ning kissed it, asking with a smile, "Sweet, do you like this name?"

The puppy blinked at her again.

Bao Ning felt her heart melting. She held its little head and rubbed it, then put it in her arms and blew out the lamp. "Time to sleep."

...