63

!Third person's POV!

"Well. Well. Well. If it isn't the infamous Nova Stark"

Adelard clapped slowly and everybody's attention went towards Nova.
She didn't had her suit on.
She was just in a black legging and a shirt. Everybody could see her and maybe some of them could recognise her.

"Adelard" She just aknowledged him and looked around, surveying her surroundings.

They were standing on a crossroad with cars and vehicles blocking the four roads leaving a big circle just at the centre of the crossroad where they all stood.

People were on the footpaths watching with terror and some were even in their cars.
Avengers were at one corner of the crossroad with some sorcerers ready to kill them even if they move a muscle.
They all were on their kness, helpless and vulnerable.

Nova sighed at her surrounding. She also noticed many sorcerers and now she understood why Strange was so worried about his people. They were betraying him and conspiring against him. He was no where to be seen and that made her sigh in relief. He has still to wake up but when he does he will be mad.

"I am not very generous all the time but you are an exception. I am giving you one more chance to turn on them. Whatever you are planning won't work on me, kid! Join us! You belong to Asuroth"
Adelard exclaimed before a sickly grin took over his face.

"The world is watching us. They will watch the Avengers fall and I know you don't want to be with them when they do. Join us! People will bow to you!"

As they heard his words Tony somewhat got scared. Even though he knew that Nova would rather die that betraying them but his mind still thought for a moment where Nova made a deal with Adelard. Even he didn't knew the extent of her powers and it shook him to his core.

"What are you trying to implement, Einar. Look around you. These people are innocent, they haven't done anything to you" Nova tried to reason as she knew if she fight it won't end nicely so she decided to give her 100% for the last time.

"These people are pathetic, they are like ants and their lord is Volrath!"
She grimaced at the weird name as confusion overtook her senses.

Zeus never mentioned this Volrath. What the hell is that now?!

"What is Volrath?" She asked, she wanted to dely everything as much as she could. She knew that she won't be able to hold him till midnight passes but she could stall him enough so that the machines could be set up.

"He is the lord of Asuroth, the ruthless one, the one we worship and once the portal is opened, he will feed on these pathetic humans" Adelard laughed evilly as he pointed at the people listening to his words.

The people gasped and soon there was a commotion of people trying to get out of the place but one rumble and everyone went silent.

"I request, please cooperate or else the process will be painful" Nova sighed at the people full of fear. There were kids, old people and some even disabled.
It broke her heart to see them so terrified but it also made her furious. She wanted to burn Adelard alive so that he can burn in the eternal flames of hell.

"Let's talk, okay? Let's just..... sit and talk" She surprised the avengers.
They knew that she was not the 'make a deal' kind of person. She believed in revenge and karma but here she was ready to talk things down but this only made Adelard chuckle.

"There is no need. Our goal is clear and we are on the right path. We don't need your help anymore Hydrius! I offered you once again out of curtsy but now everything goes down"