Chapter 3 - Driving By

March 4th 2024

Y/N Yu woke up late in the morning. Stretching, he made his way to the kitchen, where he met his Mother.

"Morning dear," she greeted her youngest child as she watched him pour himself some coffee.

"Good morning omma," Y/N said, stifling a yawn, as he took a seat at the kitchen table, "No work today?"

"I have a night shift tonight, so I won't be here for dinner," she replied, joining Y/N at the dining table, passing her son a banana from the fruit bowl on the table. "What are your plans today?"

"I'm gonna take my car to Seoul, head to SM Entertainment and give Jimin noona and her members the paddock passes," Y/N replied, peeling the skin of the banana and taking a bite, "I'm going to get paddock passes for all of you as well.

"Is the rest of your team staying in Seoul right now?"

"Yup, we got a short team meeting later today. Other than that, they aren't expecting me until the day before free practice starts," Y/N answered, "I don't plan on leaving home until the day before."

The two then sat in comfortable silence, as Y/N's mother peacefully sipped her own coffee, and Y/N scrolled through his email. Before the two separated, Y/N going to get changed and set off for Seoul city, and his Mother to get ready for work.

Leaving the house, Y/N unlocked the doors to his custom V8 Vantage, got into the car, and drove off, heading to SM Entertainment.

~~~~~

~~~~~

"I'm bored..."

Minji's voice came from her seat in the NewJeans van as they sat in traffic heading back towards Seoul from another photoshoot.

"Just...go on your phone or something Minji," Danielle heard Hanni say, exasperatedly as she herself was resting her head on her arms, watching cars driving past them.

Suddenly, the sound of a car rapidly approaching was heard. It became louder, and louder, until...

"VROOM!"

A green car sped past the van that NewJeans was in, waking Haerin and Hyein up out of surprise, and Hanni excitedly positioned herself to see what the car was.

"DAMN! That's a really nice ride!" Hanni exclaimed as Danielle repositioned herself in her seat, turning around to look at Hanni.

"It's so loud though..." complained Haerin, who was rubbing her eyes as she stretched in the backseat.

~~~~~

"If it isn't the Formula One Prince of South Korea!"

Y/N was hugged tightly by his older sister, Karina, as he stepped into the training room where he was told that aespa was practicing.

"Hey noona!" Y/N hugged his sister back, patting her on her back as they let go of each other.

"Hey Baby Yu!" Giselle soon greeted the younger Yu sibling, giving him a high-five. "How're you doing?"

"I'm good, just suffering from jetlag," Y/N admitted, as he sat down on the floor of the training room, "where's Winter noona and Ningning?"

"They're coming soon, they just went to a nearby convenience store," Karina answered her brother, as the young man reached for his crossbody bag.

"I can't stay for too long I'm afraid," Y/N admitted, producing 5 paddock passes from the bag, "I have to attend a meeting with my team at the hotel for strategies."

"That sounds boring," Giselle said, accepting a paddock pass from Y/N, "why did you bring 5 passes instead of 4?"

"Well..." Y/N gave Karina a small smile, to which his older sister shyly smiled.

"Ah..." Giselle, getting the note, nodded, "got it."

Soon, they parted, Y/N making his way back to his car, and the members of aespa returning to practice.

~~~~~

~~~~~

A/N: some nods to recent events (😉) please stay respectful!

Credits to pinterest for this amazing mannip of Karina and Hyunjin! It's perfect for my story!