Chapter 8 - Situtationship

A/N: Happy birthday Danielle!!!

~~~

13th March 2024

Y/N was a morning person, he always woke up early to exercise in the morning. But today felt different.

He was nervous, very much so.

If he had to compare it to something that happened before, the only thing that came close was his debut race with Aston Martin at the 2022 Bahrain Grand Prix. As he took his morning post-run shower, he felt the thumping of his heart reverberate within the cavities of his body.

Stepping out of the shower, he wrapped his towel around himself, as he looked at himself in the mirror, wondering if he looked okay. He felt unsure. Was he going to be okay? Would he make a fool of himself?

As he buttoned up his short-sleeved white shirt, he heard a knock on his door.

"Y/N? Are you staying for breakfast?" Y/N heard his Mother ask him through the door.

"I'm not omma," Y/N said, opening the door to meet his Mother, who was dressed in her pajamas, drinking from her coffee mug. "I'm going to Seoul today."

"Why are you going to Seoul dear?" His Mother asked, which grabbed the attention of his eldest sister.

"I'm uhh, meeting someone today," he replied shyly, rubbing his right hand on the back of his head.

"Is this the "you know who" that Lance mentioned?" his sister Jihye asked from her spot at the kitchen table.

"Yes..." Y/N replied, feeling his face redden.

"A girl?"

"Yes..."

"Well, I'll grill you later!" Jihye said, earning her a light slap on the head from their mother.

"You will not do that later with your brother!" his Mother said, smiling at her youngest child, "make sure you get some flowers! It always works!" she finished, winking at him.

"I will get the flowers when I get to Seoul!" Y/N said, as he grabbed his wallet and car keys from the countertop, placing them into his tote bag, before making his way to the garage.

~~~~~

"Danielle, what are you doing?"

Danielle jumped slightly as she turned around from the small chair at the front door of the NewJeans dorm, faced with Kim Minji.

"I'm uh, waiting for my friend to pick me up! We're hanging out today!" Danielle replied, lying through her teeth, hoping that Minji would not notice.

"You can drop the act, Dani," Minji chuckled, leaning onto a nearby wall, "Hanni told me all about it the night you two came back."

Feeling her cheeks heat up, Danielle placed her hands on them.

"Everything?"

"Everything."

"You're not here to stop me, right?" Danielle asked, uncertain of what to expect from her leader.

Minji laughed.

"I won't, as long as he isn't some playboy playing with your feelings," Minji said, "you know how it is, they drive fast, expensive cars for a living, they look for thrill, flings over real relationships?"

Danielle took it in, processing Minji's words.

"Y/N isn't like that, call it an instinct, but I don't think he's the player type," she said as her phone buzzed. Looking down she saw a text message from Y/N.