Chapter 5 - Shot Through the Heart

regular: Korean

Italics: English

~~~

~~~

Danielle's first impression of a Formula 1 race was that it was loud.

Compared to the music shows, festivals, and concerts that she had been to before, this was on a different scale.

"It's so loud here!" Danielle said, trying to make herself heard over the throng of the fans from the stands, the people touring the paddocks, and the press that were taking pictures.

"I know right?" Hanni partially yelled back at her.

The cheers of the fans coming from the stands, and the amount of work going on in the paddocks that she heard, as she and Hanni made their way toward the McLaren pits were deafening. Whilst passing through the crew, press, and visitors, the two idols greeted fans who recognized them. Having arrived early, Hanni had already introduced Danielle to her best friend from Australia: Oscar Piastri, who was a driver at McLaren.

As the three were chatting, another person came by, who introduced himself (in a thick British accent) as Lando Norris, the other McLaren driver. The quartet were engaged in conversation, when the loud voice of another person cut through the relative calm of the McLaren pits.

"Greetings people of the McLaren crew! I come in peace!" Y/N playfully proclaimed as he made his way into the McLaren pits, high-fiving a few of the mechanics, and towards the 2 McLaren drivers and their guests.

"The Korean Formula One Prince has come amongst us!" Oscar made his way to Y/N, giving him a high-five and a one-armed hug, "what brings you behind enemy lines?"

"Can't a person drop by and visit the team that gave him his starting chance in Formula One? We are friends, are we not?"

Hearing the playful banter between the mysterious driver and Oscar made Danielle let out a playful laugh. It was then that Y/N noticed the presence of the two girls there.