Chapter 4 - Are U Ready?

italics: English

underline: broadcast/call

A/N: bit of a time skip but I promise the next one is BIG

March 7th, 2024

"Oh my gosh! Why is it so intense even when it's just free practice?" Danielle exclaims, as she and Hanni were, once again, glued to Hanni's iPad.

The two girls were in the Hybe training room, watching the recap of the first 2 rounds of free practice.

"And it looks like Piastri is having a hard time with his suspension, look at the amount of sparks coming off from his car!"

(Piastri) "I think we set the suspension too soft, needs to be harder."
(McLaren team) "copy"

"Look at that, the Aston of Yu is locking up on turn 4!!! BUT he skillfully keeps it within the lines!

(Y/N) "I locked up on turn 4, car is good, I'm just nervous."

(Aston Martin team) "copy, take it easy, over."

"You two!" Minji's shrill voice cut over the sound of the F1 cars on the iPad, "Come along! Let's go and get something to eat!"

~~~~~

~~~~~

March 8th, 2024

"Okay Y/N, relax...you've got this..."

Y/N was sitting in his driver's room, taking a quick minute of solitude to mentally prepare himself for qualifying. To say that he was nervous was a huge understatement: this was his debut race in his home country, he had to give it his 130%.

"Y/N! You there?" the voice of Lance Stroll could be heard calling for Y/N. Looking at his watch, Y/N realized that it was time for qualifying.

"I'm coming!" he called out. Grabbing his helmet, Y/N held it up in front of himself.

"Okay Y/N, it's ride or die! Let's make 13 a lucky number!"

~~~~~

~~~~~

A/N: a bit heavy on the posts for this chapter. But I promise you, next one is going to be the BOMB.