5. ADVENTURE

Adira woke up tired, her body aching. She saw Iroh walk out from the shower. He sits down next to her on their bed.

She faces him. "Carry me" She says dramatically. Iroh chuckles and carries her to the bathroom laying her gently in the tub.

She didn't have her clothes on which made the process easier. She bent the water in the tub to start heating up. Iroh looks at her preparing her robe.

"I didn't know water benders would do that" He says looking at how she was heating the Water up. "Actually Katara taught this to me, she said it was a fun trick she discovered years ago, it's really helpful"

When she was done Iroh helped her up and into her robe. "Can you walk?" He asks. "Yeah I think so, but I'd rather be carried to bed" She puts her robe on.

Iroh carefully lifts her from the tub carrying her and placing her gently on their bed. She sighs standing up and walking towards the closet. She walked in a stiff manner as if she was having a cramp.

When she got to her closet she quickly took the nearest dress and put it on. Iroh just watched her amusement in his eyes.

She glares at him pointing her finger at him. "Not a word"

§~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~§

She was looking out into the waters. They were sailing towards Ember Island.

Then she felt arms snake around her waist. "When will we arrive?" She asks the man behind her. "In an hour or two" He says putting his chin on her head.

She hums nodding. "And how long shall we be staying?" She takes hold of his arms that was still around her waist.

"A week and then we'll be headed to Zaofu to see my father's side of the family" He says as he brings her closer to him.

§~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~§

When they arrived on Ember Island the first thing they did was walking to the Royal Family's house that had been on the Island long before the Hundred Year War started.

The Island was beautiful. It was and calming, a far cry from the North.

After settling in Iroh took her for a tour around the Island. He told her stories about all of the family vacations they went on when he was a child.

Told her the stories his grandfather used to tell him about his family. Especially about his great grandmother Ursa and his great-aunt Azula.

"Princess Azula? The firebending prodigy?" She asks as they neared the beach. He nods. "My grandfather still misses her. Even though they didn't have the best relationship, all he wanted was to have his little sister back with him"

"Where is she now?" She asks curiously. Iroh sighs, "She's in a special made asylum. After the war she lost her mind and they had to keep her under control. To protect others and to protect her"

Adira nods in understanding. Then they finally arrived on the beach. She smiles running towards the ocean, Iroh runs after her chuckling at her excitement.

When she got in the water she felt relieved. Sure she was surrounded by it her entire life. But she wanted to be able to really feel it without the cold weather.