6. PROBLEMS

The journey to the Earth Kingdom was long and tedious. Iroh and Adira would often read and sing to each other to pass the time by.

Adira found Iroh's voice to be quite calming and soothing. He had a great singing voice.

When they docked they were escorted to the train station by a few guards. Then they boarded a private train.

No one was there except for a few guards and servants. The train ride to Zaofu was quick. Though Adira spent the time looking out at the beautiful scenery of the Earth Kingdom.

"So do you come to Zaofu often?" She asked Iroh who was sitting across from her reading. He looks up at her smiling, "Yes back in my childhood. Though due to my schedule I can never find time to visit my family there, not until now that is"

She nods. "You see my father has a twin Sister Lin Beifong who's working in Republic City as a Policewoman. She hopes to follow my Grandmother's footsteps and become Chief of Police one day. But her and her younger sister my Aunt Su and the Matriarch of Zaofu had a falling out years ago and they haven't spoken with each other ever since" He explains.

"Though I don't really know the reason why they had a falling out, my father doesn't like talking about it. Saying how what's done is down and there's no changing anything thats already happened" He them looks out of the window smiling.

"We're here"

§~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~§

Iroh and Adira got off the train, their servants carrying their luggage. Then a beautiful woman goes to greet them. "Iroh you're so grown up" She says hugging the boy.

"Oh and you must be Adira. Iroh she's stunning. I'm Suyin Beifong matriarch of the Metal Clan and this one's aunt. You can call me Su, Auntie, Aunt Su, anything you'd prefer" The woman greets her happily.

Adira smiles, "Oh thank you Su. You have a beautiful home. One of the most unique and beautiful cities I've ever seen"

Su smiles at the girl. "Oh and so kind. Iroh you hit the jackpot with this one" She jokes. "Oh let me show you around first" She says leading the two towards a huge house made entirely of metal.

They walked for a bit before arriving at what looked to be a garden. Then they heard the squeals of children. "Iroh!" Voices shouted as three small figures clung themselves to Iroh.

The boy chuckles. "Opal, Wing, Wei it's been a while. How've you been?" He asked the children.

"Really good we learned metal bending!" Wing and Wei sis simultaneously. Opal just stood there next to Iroh as Wing and Wei showed off.

"Actually there's someone I'd like you to meet" Iroh says the twin boys stopped in their tracks. He then pulled Adira gently to his side. "This is my wife, Adira"He says introducing her to the children.

Opal stared at her before motioning for Adira to bend down. When she did the little girl whispered in her ear, "You're really pretty" She then looks away shyly.

Adira smiles. "Thank you, you are also very pretty Opal" She complimented. The little girl smiles and runs off to play.

Then the boys look at her. "Why would you choose Iroh of all people?" Wei asks all of a sudden. Iroh looks at the boy in offense.

"Hey! For your information I have many great qualities" Iroh says defensively. Wing snorts. Opal laughs.

"Ok are all of you just ganging up on me now?" Iroh asked the children who were laughing at him.

Su smiles but shoos the children away. "Sorry about them they tend to have a tendency for mischief" Su says apologizing to Adira.

Adira smiles, "Oh that's fine, they're hilarious" She says looking at Iroh who glares at her playfully.

Then Su shows her around the garden. Up next was her meteorite collection. Adira looked at the rocks with interest.

"These rocks are very easy to metalbend with, I use them when I'm teaching the begginers" Su explains.

Then they walk towards a boy with long hair who was metalbending odd looking pieces. "This is my son Huan, he's an aspiring artist" Su says pointing to the boy making odd metal pieces.

"Sup" The boy said towards his cousin and his wife. Iroh looks at Adira apologetically, "He's not very talkative" Iroh explained.

Adira nods at that and Su leads her into the house. She shows her around then finally she leads them to their room.

"Here's your room, I believe your things are already in there. Dinners at 6, come hungry" Su says before she walks away.

Adira and Iroh enter their room, they change into something more comfortable and they went to take a quick nap before dinner.

Adira had dozed off. Iroh sat beside her on the bed. He had a book open ready to read it. But different thoughts had been plaguing him throughout the entire duration of their honeymoon.

He wanted to follow his heart. But he also wanted to stay with Adira. He wished he could take everything back.

Wished that he never enlisted for the United Forces. It was a week before their wedding. He had stopped by Republic City to see his aunt.

But he had the urge to enlist himself. So he did. But he came to regret that decision. He knew it would hurt her.

He just hoped that she would understand...

§~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~§

During dinner they all had a wonderful time. She got to know Su's husband and her eldest son.

Dinner went on nicely. Though Iroh was more quiet during that time. But Adira didn't question him. Maybe he wanted to be left alone.

After dinner her and Iroh walked back to their room. He truly was not himself. When they were both laying in bed she started questioning him.

"Iroh what's wrong?" She asked him in concern. "It's nothing, darling really just a bit tired that's all" He says in an emotionless voice.

She looks at him sadly. She reaches out grabbing his hand. "You can tell me anything, you know that right?" She asks him gently.

He just nods turning away from her.

§~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~§