23. Injured Lover

Sharky woke up to the sound of the front door slamming. He lifted his head to look at the man lying in his bed. He placed his hand on the other man's cheek, stroking it with his thumb. Kenny's eyes fluttered open. They smiled at each other.

"How'd you sleep?" Sharky asked, his voice still hoarse from sleep.

The man smiled and leaned in to kiss Sharky gently on the lips. "Like a king. How about you, love?" He pulled on Sharky's bottom lip.

Sharky smiled back, feeling safe and protected in the man's arms. "Just great." He smiled into the kiss they shared. They lay there for a moment, enjoying the quiet intimacy of their space.

"As much as I would love to lounge around in bed for another day with you, I have got to go to this boxing session." Said Kenny.

Sharky sighed, but smiled nonetheless. "How come?" He knew Kenny had no upcoming fights and had been taking a break with training while the Beta Squad recording was also on break.

"Apparently, my trainer has got some special guest for a session. Also might be able to get a video out of it." Kenny stretched, revealing his chest. His arms reached above his head.

"Leaving me all alone?" Sharky pouted.

"You know, if you're feeling up for it, you could come with me. I'm sure they'd love to have you." Kenny offered, running his fingers through Sharky's hair. "You could film me while I train."

Sharky chuckled. "Oh, I don't know. I think they'd probably have me kicked out for yelling every time you get hit." He stood up and held out his hand to help Kenny up. "But I do love the thought. Maybe we could go out to dinner after?"

Kenny took Sharky's hand and pulled himself up to kneel on the bed. He smiled down at the beautiful man. "I think I could manage that."

"Good," he said, giving Kenny a quick kiss before moving back. "Now go get dressed."

Kenny groaned and stood up, stretching once more before making his way into the bathroom. Sharky busied himself with tidying the bed, folding the covers, and picking up a few scattered articles of clothing that had been left on the floor.

It was around half an hour later when the pair stood at the front door, saying their goodbyes. Sharky felt a warmth spread through his chest as he wrapped his arms around Kenny and kissed him softly. "I'll see you later, yeah?"

Kenny smiled into the kiss, his hand gently cupping the back of Sharky's head. "Mmhmm, can't wait."

Kenny shut the door, heading out to his car with the biggest smile on his face. He couldn't wait to see Sharky again and to tell him all about his day. He was especially excited for what he had planned that night.

As he drove to the gym, he thought about the perfect way to ask Sharky out. He wanted it to be special, something that would make him feel loved and appreciated. They had taken it slow, knowing the risks that came with a relationship in the influencer community.

As the door shut behind Kenny, Sharky turned around, still feeling a bit giddy from the kiss. He walked into the kitchen, seeing Aj and Chunkz sitting at the kitchen counter.

"Ew, what's that stuck on your face?" Chunkz looked up, asking with fake disgust.

Sharky's hand flew to his face. "What? What's wrong?"

"Your disgustingly joyful smile." Aj snorted, shaking his head. Sharky frowned and walked over to slap the two on the backs of their heads.

"What's up with you two? Can't a man be happy?" They both shrugged, grinning sheepishly. "I've got exciting plans tonight."