Rules

Erela's POV 

November 

It's been over a month since Umbridge implemented loads of new rules at the school. Since raising her concerns to Cornelius Fudge, she was made Hogwarts High Inquisitor. I'm guessing it took some time, since Fudge probably had to clear the idea with the board. Every week there was at least one new rule in place and some of them were ridiculous. She was present in many of my classes last week, assessing each and every professor. 

We had a party in the Gryffindor common room for Halloween and we were lucky enough not to be caught by Professor Filch. We knew that Umbridge spends her weekends back at the Ministry so we knew to throw the celebrations at the weekend. 

After my Potions class, I was walking to the Great Hall for some lunch as I saw loads of students running to the front of the castle. I caught up with Harry and Cho. 

"What is going on guys?" I asked. 

"It's professor Trelawney." Cho replied. 

I tagged along with the pair, walking to the front courtyard. 

Seeing professor Trelawney sitting on her cases, crying made my chest feel hollow. She became one of my favourite professors since starting Hogwarts. I could see Lavender Brown and Parvati Patil crying. I think a few students were disheartened to find out that she has been sacked by professor Umbridge. Everyone turned their heads as the castle doors opened, Dumbledore approached the courtyard. I didn't really pay attention to anything he had to say to Umbridge, I was too focused on Arkalis trying to blush at making eye contact with Esme. I see how the pair of them act in the common room and my brother is always finding excuses to spend time with her. To be honest I don't blame him for being so mesmerised by her, Esme is beautiful. She has come out of her shell a lot more since the party too and she has helped me come out of mine. I find myself socialising a lot with some of the Gryffindor girls during the evenings in the common room. I have also become very close with Hermione and Ron too, my brother and Ron get along like a house on fire as well. What I find funny is that Ron will ask me, Hermione and Arkalis to help him with a bit of work, each of us focus on a different subject. 

I was snapped out of thought as Dumbledore raised his voice. "Don't you all have some studying to do." 

And snapping me more out of thought, was Harry accidentally barging me as he ran to try and catch Dumbledore. Over this past month there has been this weird tension between me and Harry. I don't like to explore my feelings, I think it's the fear of being let down or letting down others, but there is something there between me and him. Every time we have a conversation one of us cuts it short and runs away from each other. 

After dinner I sat with Harry, Hermione, Ron, Arkalis and Esme in the common room. We were all talking about Umbridge wanting to take over the whole school, trying to figure out if there is anything we can do. We cannot practice any magic at all, in all of our classes we are not allowed to get our wands out. All we do is read books about the subject. 

I was met with the voice of my father, coming from the fire place. I said hello of course, but it was mainly Harry who spoke to him asking for information. When he informed us that Fudge believes that an army is being formed to plot against the ministry it shocked me, because we couldn't form one even if we tried. 

"Can I have a moment with my children please?" My father asked. 

They all went to the other side of the common room having a conversation of their own. 

"How are you Erela, my sweet girl?" 

"I'm doing good father, I'm enjoying my time here at Hogwarts." 

"So your brother tells me, you need to write to me more often Erela. Me and Remus really enjoy reading your updates." 

"I will do, father." 

"It seems that your brother is having girl trouble too." 

"Does he now?" I asked 

"Father, not in front of Erela please." 

"Well it seems that she is Erela's friend." My father muttered. 

There was a long pause as my brother was too shocked to say anything. 

"I have to go, it was nice to hear your voices. I will let you solve this together." 

I saw my fathers face disappear and the fire went back to normal.

"You know Arkalis, I don't care if you dated her. I see the way both of you look at each other, don't hold off something just because she is my friend." I reassured him. 

"Thank you Erela." 

Arkalis POV

There were times that me and Esme were alone and it was so hard not to kiss her. We said to each other that we should just be friends, as both of us didn't want to upset Erela. It was hard for her not to blush as we both made eye contact, but it was hard for me too. 

I quickly pulled Esme to the side as everyone else was going up to their dorms to go to bed. 

"Can I talk to you for a second?" I asked. 

"Of course." 

"My father decided it would be a great idea to blab to Erela about my feelings for you." 

"Your feelings for me?" She asked. 

"Don't I make it obvious? I like you Esme." 

"I like you too Arkalis. I just thought your feelings would fade after we agreed to just be friends." 

"They haven't faded, my feelings just grew stronger." I reassured her. 

"Is Erela ok with us being together?" 

"She reassured me that she doesn't care about us two dating, she just wants us to be happy." 

We stayed silent as we made eye contact, we sort of knew to try our best not to make eye contact when being around Erela. 

"I've been dying to kiss you for so long." I added. 

"I've been feeling the same." 

My hand gently held her cheek, our eyes still gazing into each other pleadingly. 

"Can I kiss you Esme?" I asked softly. 

She nods, I don't spare another second and just kiss her. The kiss took me back to our first kiss at the party, her soft lips on mine. I craved those lips for so long.