Year Two: Memory Loss/Saving Ginny

*The three sled down the tunnel and fell onto the ground full of bones. Well, Peter actually landed on his hands and feet while Harry and Ron crashed and burned. They sprung up at defense towards Lockhart. Ron let out a disgusted groan when he looked down.*

Harry: Now, remember: Any sign of movement, close your eyes straightaway.

*Peter and Harry led the way while Ron held Lockhart at wand-point.*

Ron: Go on.

*Lockhart began to follow as did Ron.*

Harry: This way.

*They turned a corner and came across a bit of skin, bigger than any human before.*

Ron: What's this?

Lockhart: It looks like a snake.

Human-Spider: Well it does belong to a snake, but it's a snakeskin. 

Ron: Bloody hell.

Human-Spider: My guess is the basilisk that sheds this must be 60 ft long or more.

Ron: 60 feet or more?

*That caused Lockhart to faint. Both Harry and Peter looked at Lockhart with disappointed looks.*

Ron: Heart of a lion, this one.

*Just then, Lockhart sprung up to take the wand from Ron. Peter stood on his guard but Lockhart was aiming back and forth between the three.*

Lockhart: The adventure ends here, boys. But don't fret. The world will know our story. How I was too late to save the girl. How you three tragically lost your minds...at the sight of her mangled body. So...You first, Mr. Potter. Say goodbye to your memories.

*Peter was going to try something, but looked back at Ron's wand. It was taped. Lockhart aimed at Harry and.*

Lockhart: Obliviate!

*The spell backfired, sending Lockhart up to the ceiling and back down to the ground. His impact, caused an avalanche. Ron stood back as the rocks came down on one side, on the other, Peter and Harry dove out of the way. Once it was over, Ron coughed before calling out to his buddies.*

Ron: Harry? Peter?

*Peter sprung back up. His shirt had a cut on the shoulder, but nothing too major. He helped Harry up and climbed up the rock slide and peered through the hole.*

Harry: Ron! Ron, are you okay?

Ron: I'm fine.

*Lockhart sat up and looked at Ron.*

Lockhart: Hello. Who are you?

Ron: Ron Weasley.

Lockhart: Really? And uh...who-who am I?

Human-Spider: Ron! What's going on? 

Ron: Lockhart's Memory Charm backfired. He hasn't got a clue who he is.

Human-Spider: I knew it wouldn't work.

*Lockhart picked up a rock and handed it to Ron.*

Lockhart: It's an odd sort of place, isn't it? Do you live here?

Ron: No.

Lockhart: Really?

*With the rock that was handed to him, he hit Lockhart over the head with it, knocking him out cold. Ron looked back at Harry and Peter.*

Ron: What do I do now?

Harry: You wait here...and try and shift some of this rock so we can get back through. Peter and I'll go on and find Ginny.

Ron: Okay.

*Peter and Harry made their way through the tunnel and came to a door. Peter walked over and tried to open it. He pulled and pulled but couldn't move it.*

Human-Spider: It's won't budge.

Harry: Let me try.

*Harry spoke in Parseltongue to open the door and the snakes from bottom to top backed up as another snake slithered around them and into the sleeve crease. The door then swung open. Both Harry and Peter entered in. They climbed down the ladder and looked out to see a hallway towards a statue of the head of Salazar Slytherin. Both sides of the path had snake heads as pillars. And there they saw her, dead center on the ground, Ginny Weasley.* 

Harry: Ginny.

*The two ran out to check on her.*

Human-Spider: Ginny! 

Harry: Ginny, please don't be dead. Wake up, wake up. Please wake up.

*From the shadows came a voice that was familiar to Harry.*

Tom: She won't wake.

*Harry and Peter both looked over towards the voice. It was Tom Riddle. He walks out of the shadows and towards the young wizard and young hero.*

Harry: Tom. Tom Riddle.