Introductions

~ please note: if you are lost or confused on the storyline, this is a sequel to an unreleased book: THE RISE OF AKATAMI that will be available on wattpad soon.~

The wind swirled around tall pecan colored tree's, ranging from salmon petals to emerald leaf's. The leafs lived peacefully connected to each branch. Early in the day, two young girls sat together underneath one of those tall trees with many limp branches.

                                                                                                 ⚔️

''Where do we go now... There isn't much we can do... and if we try to save one of them, we'll most likely die.'' One of the persons said. The other person laid her head on the side of their shoulder, as tears ran down her cherry pink cheeks. ''We have to save her... She's the only person we have...'' The person said, their voice cracked with nearly each word that came from their larynx.

The storm above them increased as time went by. With each second, they tried to hold onto, the time quickly left their grasp. Leafs from the tree above them fell, including branches. Birds chirped as sounds from above the lush full trees crackled, black and greyish clouds bestowed them.

''And we are supposed to be the chosen ones...'' The person said, quickly rushing to their feet. The other person went quiet. '' I wish we'd never take part in this.''  The person said, with her long brown kinky hair brushed back into a low puffy ponytail and her words brittle but tainted with fear. The other person with big, brown eyes quickly rushed up onto her feet, moving away from the bent thick tree stump. ''GET UP!'' The kinky haired person yelled as the big-eyed person's head tilted up.

The tree was close to breakage, as the wind pushed the tree harder creating it to slump to the right. The brown eyed girl quickly moved away from the tree, nearly tripping on the floor as she attempted to flee away from the tree. The kinky ponytail person backed away as the other big eyed person rushed Infront of her. They both ran to a small pond; a few minutes away from the tree. They both turned around, the tree broke, falling down besides the place they currently stayed. It was millimeters away from falling on top of the large, scattered tile building.

Once the big-eyed person moved away from the tree, they turned around to stared at the tree.
''It could've fell on us.'' She said in a faint voice, concerned for people who might've been standing around the tree.
Kaede shook her head slowly, shaking off her trance in awe at the tree, that laid peacefully on the floor.
The tree laid disconnected from the long brown trunk of the tree, turning the opposite end into a tree stump.

''We should keep moving.'' The person with the poofy low ponytail said, voice firm, and serious. Walking away from the pond as the storm only increased as time moved on. The big-eyed girl followed behind her. ''Where are we heading too?''
''Back to the academy, we have to meet up with Akatami.'' The person said with a low, out of breath voice. The person behind her nodded, shivering as the air turned hot to cold. The sky was gloomy, filled with smoke and fog as pollution spread across the sky.