Chapter 24: Ambience

''What about ice cream?'' Wieon said, looking at a list of things they could do together. Eiko smiled. ''Ice cream is good, but it's up to Ayame.'' Eiko said gently. Ayame nodded her head. ''Where will we get ice cream from?'' Ayame asked, as they walked around the festival, celebrating the acceptance of Cylon.

 ''Well, there is an ice cream shop over there.'' Kaede said, glaring into the distance. ''Gosh it's dark out here, I can barely see.'' Kaede continued. ''Okay, well let's get some ice cream from there then.'' Ayame said. Eiko and Kaede nodded, they began to walk down the dirt path leading to the ice cream parlor.

 Once they had got to the ice cream parlor, they weren't the first in line. Many people had already got in line for their own cups of ice cream. ''Gosh, a lot of people here.'' Kaede whispered. Eiko had whispered back. ''Yes... I didn't see all these people from down there.'' Eiko said. Wieon nodded in agreement.

 Akatami had stood behind everyone. ''Since we just got to the festival, money is on me.'' Akatami said, her voice was cold. Ayame nodded. ''When is your husband coming?'' Eiko asked gently and politely, turning her head back to see Akatami. 'He'll be here in a bit.'' Akatami said. Kaede had also turned her head back to see Akatami's face. 

''Can't wait to meet him.'' Kaede said with a warm smile. Ayame nodded her head, without turning her head back to face Akatami. Akatami's phone buzzed in her pocket. ''That must be him, so I'll be back in a second.'' Akatami said, turning around and walking away.

 ''I'll be back before y'all pay for anything.'' She said, adding a laugh as she walked into the distance. Kaede and Eiko nodded, as the line they were in began to become smaller. ''Well, I guess we'll wait.'' Wieon said, as she watched the flashing lights in the distance close to the water. ''We should get cotton candy and chips after this.'' Kaede said, placing her hand gently on the side of her cheek.

 ''Wise words.'' Eiko said. Wieon smiled, ''My mom should be back soon.'' Wieon said, ''Good, because I'm starving.'' Ayame added. After a few minutes, Akatami came running back pushing through the line of new people who joined the line.

 ''SORRY!'' Ryongi shouted as they got closer to us. ''MOVE IT!'' A woman said. Akatami and Ryongi had finally made it. ''Don't worry about them.'' Akatami said, shrugging her shoulders with a slightly scrunched and agitated face. Ryongi smiled. ''Nice to meet you all.'' Ryongi said, his voice was gentle and sweet.

 Kaede smiled, holding her hand out. ''Nice to meet you, it's a pleasure.'' Kaede said. Eiko smiled, crossing her arms across her chest gently. ''You too, you are a fine man for Akatami.'' Eiko said, adding a smile. Akatami smiled. Ayame had turned her head to see Ryongi. ''Hello.'' Ayame said. Ryongi went silent.

 ''Well, it's a good thing we met because I want to talk to you.'' Ryongi said, holding his hand out for Ayame. Ayame looked at him, with a weirded out facial expression.

 ''Um...'' Ayame said, shaking his hand. ''Nice to meet you too.'' Ayame said, dropping her hand down. Ryongi smiled. ''My wife has never talked about people this much before, she must've been very excited to help.'' Ryongi said.

 Akatami eyes went large, and she blushed out of embarrassment. Akatami cut him off before he could speak again.

 ''The ice cream-'' Akatami said. Kaede, Wieon, Eiko, and Ayame turned around, looking at the servant. ''Hello, how may I take your order.'' The woman said, her voice was gentle and soft, she seemed very young by the way her eyes were shaped.

 Kaede turned her head, then looked back at the servant. ''What's on your menu?'' Kaede asked. The servant smiled, pointing her finger to the side of the parlor, which showed all the different types of ice cream they had available.