Chapter 15

*Chapter 15*

*Macy*

This girl wanted me to rip her throat out! How dare she talk to Alli like that? Alli was a mess; she didn't need to be burdened with more things. When Alli started to fall, I froze.

Luckily, Matthew had caught her. He picked her up, carried her to the couch, and sat with her still in his arms. It was hard to watch him with her. He loved her, and I knew that Alli only wanted Nick. Matthew had hurt her, and she had every right to feel like she did. But in moments like this, I wish she could see how he looked at her and how he held her so gently.

"Why is he holding her like that?" Nick's mate asked, looking confused.

"Isn't she married to Nick?" She sneered, making me want to hit her

"Not that it's any of your business but that's her first mate, just like your Nick's." I shot back, knowing she would be confused, but I didn't care.

Matthew narrowed his eyes at me and turned his attention back to Alli.

"What's your name?" I asked the girl standing in front of me.

"Olivia," She responded.

"Okay, Olivia, let's get this all straight before Alli wakes up." I frowned.

"Nick loves Alli, and she loves him. He is not going to leave Alli for you, mate or not. So, if I were you, I would stop with the remarks. Alli is an Alpha. She's actually our future Luna, so if you know what's good for you, I would just keep your mouth nice and shut. You got that?" I growled in warning.

*Nick*

I could hear crying, and it hurt my heart to listen to it. I opened my eyes, and there Alli was. She looked horrible; her gut-wrenching cries broke my heart.

"Alli," I whispered.

Her head snapped up to look at me, and she started crying even more.

The need to wrap her in my arms was so strong. I wanted to take all her pain away.

"Baby, it's okay. I'm going to be fine," I said, trying to get up.

My body hurt, and I groaned from the pain that moving caused me.

"Quit moving and lay back down." She growled.

I smiled up at her, and she smiled.

"Come closer, Alli; I want to see how my little man is doing?" I begged.

She came and stood by the bed, and I laid my hands on her belly.

"How's my boy today? I said, kissing her belly.

She smiled when the baby kicked.

"He's missed you as much as I have." She said, her eyes starting to water.

I met your mate." She said quietly.

The pain in her eyes was unbearable for me.

"I'm not leaving you, Alli. She's part of my past, nothing more." I said, pulling her close to me.

"Do you still love her?" she asked, looking away and unable to meet my gaze.

"It's okay if you do. I, of all people, know what that's like. "She said, looking sad and defeated.

What was I supposed to say to that? Yes, some of me would always love Olivia but she wasn't who I wanted to be with.

"Yes, a small part of me does," I said, waiting for her reaction, which never came. She said, "Okay," kissing me and pulling me into a hug.