** SUPER IMPORTANT! **

I understand that you probably just want to start reading the book, but PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO READ THIS

Important Trigger Warnings for Forbidden Fruits:

The biggest, most glaring TW for this book is that there is Heavy Religious Content. I cannot stress this enough. The main character is DEVOUTLY Christian and regularly brings up her religion, and there are constant mentions of "praying", judging things as "sinful", and general religious themes. Seriously, the book opens with her praying. This is not just a casually mentioned character trait, Christianity is a major theme through the book (not in a preachy way, I promise this is not trying to convert you, I (primary author) am not Christian, so). 

Faith was raised with conservative Christian values. She believes in dressing modestly, not drinking, smoking, or anything like that, as well as the value of "waiting until marriage". She's from the south, and it's a major part of her character. However, it's all things that will shift and change and adapt throughout the course of the book. 

The other main character, Blade, also suffers from some Christianity-specific religious trauma, however it is all things that have happened far in the past, and there will be no explicit scenes of religious trauma, only mentions.

I say this all for those who might have suffered religious trauma specifically from Christianity. Please, put yourself and your mental health first. If you find that reading about Christianity is a trigger, I emplore you to click away and find a different book. You are so important, so please take care of yourself. I also hate that I have to say this, but please know that at no point during the course of the book will any of  the Christian-practicing characters say anything condemning of LGBTQ+ lifestyles or peoples. 

I also just ask that in the comments we be respectful of Faith's faith (pun not intended). Her religion is not a character flaw, it is simply just a part of her. Be mindful of other readers, and conscious of how words may affect others. 

That is all I have to say about that, please also take some time to read the short list of other TW's. Thank you all so much, I care about you all and want you to stay happy and healthy and slaying, so please be mindful of everything you are reading and bringing into your headspace! 

Other Trigger Warnings:

Themes of sexual harassment, drug use, violence, mature themes (later in the book), neglectful parenting (past), unhealthy family themes