Get Together

3 years later

Nandini was staring at the glowing screen of her computer screen, the words of the email blurring her eyes. The invitation was simple, a call to reunite with old friends, but to her, it was a portal back to a time she had tried to leave behind. The city she had fled now beckoned her return, and with it, the inevitable confontation with kabir.

She remembered the farewell, the way kabir's eyes had sought Sanjana, the ease with which he had declared his love for another. Nandini had been a silent witness, her own heart shattering in silence. And now, after all the miles and months that had stretched between them, the thought of seeing him again sent a shiver down her spine.

With a deep breath, Nandini typed a response. Her decision would chart the course of her story, a story still unwritten, still uncertain. But one thing was clear-she could not hide forever.

The phone rang, slicing through the silence of Nandini's room. She picked up the call. It was Nikita, an old friend.

Nikita: "Are you coming to the get-together?"

Nadini was caught in her thoughts and web of old memories. Before she could reply, Nikita words tumbled out.

Nikita: "You haven't heard?. It's over between Kabir and Sanjana. She cheated on him with Lakshay. She broke his heart."

Nandini couldn't decide whether she was relieved that Kabir was free, a flicker of hope quickly doused by the weight of her own resolve. Hadn't she moved on?

"Nandini, you there?." Nikita's voice pulled her back from the cyclone of emotions emerging in her heart.

"Yes, yes,' i am here. I'll be there. "

Get-together was a cheerful affair, but Nandini's eyes were looking for one face in the crowd. And finally, her eyes landed on the one, Kabir. He looked the same. Still, there was a vulnerability about him. She hadn't seen befoe. She swiftly made her move through the crowd towards him.
.
"Mr. CEO, Kabir singhania, " she called out gently

He turned, and for a second, his face lit up with recognition before the shadows returned.

"Nandini, it's been a while," he replied, his voice lacking its warmth.

"I heard about sanjana." she said softly. "I am sorry."

Kabir shrugged, a bitter edge to his laugh.
"Well, life has its own twists, and turn doesn't it?"

It does. But it also brings us back to places and people we thought we'd left behind," she said, offering him a small smile.

They talked, and slowly, the walls Kabir had built around himself began to crumble. Nandini listened, not just with her ears but with her heart. As the night wore on, they found themselves laughing over shared memories, the connection between them shifting from the pain of the past to the comfort of the present. They were no longer just the heartbroken or the heartbreaker; they were friends who had found their way back to each other.

Please vote and comment