Decision

Nandini stood by the window. The same room where her chidhood memories whispered through the sun-dapped curtains. Cream coloured walls hold echoes of laughter scribbles from chidhood and faint scent of jasmine.

As the moon rose, Nandini made her choice to stay. But why did Kabir wants her to stay?. His eyes held secret of loss, longing. Perhaps he sought refuge from the void that Sanjana has carves into his soul. Nandini wondered if she could mend what was broken by weaving new threads into their life.

Her chain of thoughts were broken by the house helper who bought her things from the hotel.

"Ms Nandini, your things."

"Thankyou bhaiya"

Then her eyes fell on kabir entering the room. Leaning on the door frame he said.

"So Ms chubby cheeks liked your room.?"

"Yes everything preserved well."

Kabir came close to her and held her hands in his.

"Thankyou, for staying Nandini. You don't know it means a lot to me. When you left the city i thought i lost you. I mean our friendship. You left abruptly and even changed your number. Why did you cut all the contacts.? Did Vikram do something to you.?"

Nandini was taken a back by Kabir's question and mention of Vikram. Kabir futrther says.

" it's ok if you dont want to talk about vikram. But if their is something which i can help you with, you know if vikra..."

Nandini interupts in between.

"Kabir, me and vikram are no more together. I mean we were never together."

Kabir gives a non understandable look to Nandini.

"But he proposed you last day of college. You even said yes."

" i did, i don't know why did i accept his proposal. I was just being immature and out of nervousness i said yes. But that same day after party we broke up."

"Ohhhh.."

Their was a feeling of relief in the eyes of Kabir and it didn't get unnoticed by Nandini.

Kabir: "Nandini you know what they say about being single."

Nandini: looking up, eyebrow raised "what do they say Kabir.?"

Kabir: " well, they say that single means you can stay focus on more important things like say_______appreciating the way your hair dances on your shoulder."

Nandini: caught offguard"wait, what are you....."

Kabir: "flirting? Oh absolutely. I have been practicing my best lines. How's this one: 'are you campfire? Because you are hot and i want s'more."

Nandini died out laughing.

Nandini: "that's terrible kabir. And also i am sure that's a dad joke."

Kabir: "Ah, but it got you to smile, didn't it. How about this: 'are you a wifi connection beacuse i am feeling a strong connection.?"

Nandini: "Kabir you are more like a dialed up internet___slow and outdated."

Kabir: " you are like a rare book____full of hidden stories yet to explore."

Nandini: "smooth recovery kabir. But i am not some character from your canvas."

Kabir: "True. You're the ink in my brush, the sun in my palette, and the reason my heart skips a beat."

Nandini: "you are impossible kabir."

Kabir: "and you are irresistible."

And so, in their playful banter, amidst unfinished canvases and forgotten legends kabir and nandini danced-a waltz of words, a flirtation of souls.